Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Add to list of reasons 4 strokes are great...  (Read 5390 times)

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Add to list of reasons 4 strokes are great...
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 09:55:44 AM »
Maybe, maybe not. Many of the top riders there have came here and done well, right?  We will see how Cedric does. I think many will be impressed. He will do better than most say, and say not qualify for the main.
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 10:03:18 AM »
From what Ive seen I think he has a VERY good chance of making a main(s).

And Im not trying to start a big debate on whats better or take anything away from Cedric, Im just stating my opinion on the pro racing part. Im still pre-mixed for life and hope they stop selling 4 strokes one day but as long as I follow the racing Im going to call it how I see it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 10:05:46 AM by snook620 »
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 12:58:35 PM »
I know you Americans are aways saying you have the better riders but until there is only one series it can be debated all night long.
Guys like Roczen,Desalle,Philippaerts,Coppins would do well anywere. Hell Coppins even got a top 10 on the POS Aprillia at the mxdn & he is a old bugger.
BT has done both series and when fit can run with anyone.
Different series different tracks.
BTW, Good morning & Happy New Year everyone.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 04:10:15 PM »
I know you Americans are aways saying you have the better riders but until there is only one series it can be debated all night long.
Guys like Roczen,Desalle,Philippaerts,Coppins would do well anywere. Hell Coppins even got a top 10 on the POS Aprillia at the mxdn & he is a old bugger.

:) Happy Newyear

They do have "one series" that is run every year to determine the best. Its called the Motocross des Nations and America has won it 21 times in 40 years, the last 5 in a row. Im not saying you guys dont have good riders, just saying usually the best SX riders are here in the US. Just look at the results from Bercy and Geneva the last few years. I agree guys like Roczen, Desalle, Philippaerts, Coppins all would do well anywere but none of them have any titles in the US. Ben Townley won a lites title but never really did anything in the big bikes, Cairoli has never won anything in the US....he just backed out of the 2011 SX series a few days ago because KTM knew what would happen. Ken Roczen has the best chance of winning a SX title over any of the other foreign riders besides Chad Reed this season. I wish him luck
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 12:08:00 AM »
You're right...

Every Manufacturer has made it clear that they won't pay anyone to ride a two stroke in Motocross OR Supercross, no matter how good they are or what kind of press they generate...

If you're really lucky as a 2 stroke rider, someone like DV might break ranks with the establishment and let you sleep on his couch so you can race some rounds.

The interesting thing is that guys who are slower than you, but ride 4 strokes, might be brought in as factory riders...

American pro racing is joke. It's a Manufacturer run puppet show. The competition among the racers is real, but everything else about it is like a Kool Aid commercial and is there to maintain market share for a line of products which are basically inferior. Throw enough garbage through the TV at the dummies and some of it will stick.

Until one of the Manufacturers who sells both 2 strokes and 4 strokes in the US is willing to support riders who want to ride their 2 stroke product instead of JUST their 4 stroke product THEN PRO RACING IS JUST A KOOL AID COMMERCIAL.

Thanks,

Jim

I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline evo550

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 03:59:15 PM »

:) Happy Newyear

They do have "one series" that is run every year to determine the best. Its called the Motocross des Nations and America has won it 21 times in 40 years, the last 5 in a row. Im not saying you guys dont have good riders, just saying usually the best SX riders are here in the US. Just look at the results from Bercy and Geneva the last few years. I agree guys like Roczen, Desalle, Philippaerts, Coppins all would do well anywere but none of them have any titles in the US. Ben Townley won a lites title but never really did anything in the big bikes, Cairoli has never won anything in the US....he just backed out of the 2011 SX series a few days ago because KTM knew what would happen. Ken Roczen has the best chance of winning a SX title over any of the other foreign riders besides Chad Reed this season. I wish him luck

Yep, the Americians own supercross, no to ways about it, but motocross, I'm not so sure.
The MXDN analogy I find a bit flawed, for the simlpe reason.
The U.S. is quite possibly the largest county in the world in both land mass and population, therefore you have a massive "talent pool' to draw from. Europe on the other hand, although about the same land mass and population, is split into about 20 different countries.The effect of this is like expecting the U.S. to field a team from every state.
Would the stats be the same if it was a U.S. vs Eurpoe vs ANZACS vs.........
Secondly, the Europeans that come to compete in the U.S. series, certainly are very competitive....especially those bloody Frenchmen(They take your trophies AND your women  ;) ). How many Americians have ventured across to race G.P's successfully ? Not many.
Don't get me wrong, this is not a yank bash, and for some reason any Americian rider that comes to town has a certain "auroa" about them, are they superhuman, no I don't think so, just fast in their own backyard

« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 04:01:58 PM by evo550 »