Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: What is your trail set up?  (Read 24594 times)

Offline juliend

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: What is your trail set up?
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2010, 06:17:37 AM »

Crappy cell phone pics, but the best I have on hand. That's my trail bike.

1989 KDX200
RB head mod
Carb goin off for RB mods next week
43mm KYB USD conversion (from 93 yz250 donor, rebuilt and re-sprung)
DG pipe and silencer
WER steering damper
Top and bottom rebuild done last year, replated cylinder, rebuilt crank, new bearings, etc.
Trials tire out back
Tusk Chub bar cut down and moose mini brush gaurds
Ceet apex graphics
KX500 rear fender

I know there's more I've done to it over the last couple years, but can't put my finger on it right now, lol.

Offline mullethead774

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2010, 08:41:27 PM »
Not much of a picture person so nothing to show for it here.  And it's nothing to look at any way.  I don't even have graphics on it.  I ride a 2005 YZ250 mostly.  FMF Gnarly pipe & Q silencer.  10.5 oz. Steahly flywheel weight.  Fly oversize bars.  Moose handguards & barkbusters.  I run mostly in the woods with it.  An occasional motocross or day at the track with #1 Grandson.  He is a 2 stroke rider also.He is stock accept for a set of Acerbis Handguard/barkbusters on his CR80.  He wants to try hare scrambles this year.

And, if you didn't know, I'm new here.  I live for 2 strokes.  I'd have an RD350 2 stroke street bike if I could.  Unfortunately I have been swayed to the dark side for on road adventures.  I did have a dualsported KTM300 until about September.  Needed some cash in a hurry so it had to go.  I'll replace it though.  My battle cry is "2 strokes & mullets forever".  Hope to ride with some of yuns this season.  See ya  around.
2 strokes & mullets forever

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2011, 06:19:52 AM »
Good to see you here Allen!For those that have read some of my past posts about riding and my KDX, Mullet is one of the guys I ride with on a regular basis. Well I was until my back went south right before fall.

Here's a couple pics:

- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline mullethead774

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2011, 07:45:39 AM »
Thanks Coop.  Did you notice my nose in the air in the second picture.  I'm worse than an old coonhound.  I love the smell of premix in the morning. 
Can't wait to get back out riding.  As sick as I feel today, I will ride something.  Lost enough snow in the past couple days to drag the YZ out & sling a little mud.  Let's get that back straightened out so we get you out soon.  Otherwise I'll be picking up the KDX & the nephew & taking them riding. ;D

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2011, 08:35:23 AM »
LOL Zach already said he is going to ride my KDX if I don't  :) . He is off with the new girlfriend today, Sami took them to the mall, blah.

Good looking KDX juliend, glad to see you are posting here.

Offline GlennC

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2011, 08:15:20 PM »
Nice YZ mullethead, I'm gonna try the flywheel weight on mine.

Offline mullethead774

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2011, 04:27:04 AM »
Nice YZ mullethead, I'm gonna try the flywheel weight on mine.
Thanks Glenn.  The flywheel weight will make your bike more controllable in anything slippery.  And it will make your power spread a lot smoother & longer.  The Gnarly pipe & silencer helped with that too.  I used to run a Fatty pipe with a Shorty silencer.  The thing had a serious bark to it.  Great for the Arenacross stuff I was racing.  I think you'll like the weight.  Keep us updated.   

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2011, 02:09:37 PM »
They don't have Bob Evans out here, sucks.
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline mullethead774

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2011, 04:53:19 PM »
They don't have Bob Evans out here, sucks.
Just run down to the local grocery store.  There's all kinds of stuff in there that says Bob Evans on it.  Worse comes to worse, just rap something in bacon.  Everything is better rapped in bacon. :D

Offline juliend

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2011, 04:25:37 AM »
Thanks Coop. It may be 22 years old, but I can't tell you how satisfying it is to smoke my buddy on his yz450 when we hit the trails :)

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2011, 05:29:58 AM »
Thanks Coop. It may be 22 years old, but I can't tell you how satisfying it is to smoke my buddy on his yz450 when we hit the trails :)

Oh yeah! Before buying my KDX I had a 1988 KX125 that I re-furbished. It used to really make guys mad with new bigger 4T bikes when they couldn't shake the "old little" bike in the tight stuff  ;D .