Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Rides of Olde  (Read 2083 times)

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
Rides of Olde
« on: December 15, 2010, 03:25:47 PM »
I thought that, what with Christmas coming up and all, this would be a good time to start posting some of the ancient projector home movies from my dad's past, complete with narration from the guys that were there, and Christmas music.  Be sure to read the YouTube description for more details.  Enjoy.

Rides of Olde Part I: The Res

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Rides of Olde
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 08:43:42 PM »
Thats quite cool jetz.
I have old footage the same from when we were kids riding round the family orchard on our old Honda & Bulcato. About 1975 i think.
I keep meaning to get the reels saved on disc before the film gets totally buggered.
Keep forgeting until i see some thing similar. Will try to make an effort.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 08:44:35 PM »
Somethings never change,namely,going for a trail with your buddies and having fun(I won't mention the lack of helmets,on a TM400 no less! :-X).I'm trying to remember when Husqvarnas went from right side shifting to the left side,was around that time.TMKIWI,what kind of Bul did you have back then?

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 01:06:59 PM »
TMKIWI,what kind of Bul did you have back then?

I'll have to check with my father. My memory as a 7 year old is abit hazy. ;)
I do remember it was a bitza.There was a Bulcato tank. The frame was a Bulcato or Suzuki TS i think and the engine was a 90cc ? Bulcato.It was a Scrambler frame i remember that.
Spoke to the old man and he doesnt remember either (he was always building odd ball things). We did not have it long as it kept braking down.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough