Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Brutal Editorial from Sweden...  (Read 5029 times)

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
Re: Brutal Editorial from Sweden...
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 12:40:22 AM »
I have to admit, that was pretty hardcore stupid.  I much preferred the 1978 movie, "A Great Ride," in which two motocross racers head off on a trip from Mexico to Canada off-road the whole way on a '77 Maico 400 and 360 Husky, while being chased by the BLM and some crazy guy in a Dodge Power Wagon.  Sounds like my kind of movie, doesn't it?

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 03:48:56 AM »

Hey Coop, Like the rest of us, you only cared because it had dirt bikes in it.... take a look at some of the movies you watched as a kid, not the classic ones, but the ones you thought were cool at the time. They look old and dated now...

I went through a bunch to track down the Winner Takes All on e-bay quite a few years ago. I got the package, all excited about finally seeing the movie after all those years, popped it into the VCR and was disappointed. How awful can you get?

I made a DVD copy which I have not played since I made it.... Oh well...

I guess that's true  :D. I loved the movie RAD as a kid since I loved BMX racing (I still have a DK cruiser). I watched it on youtube recently and man was it bad LOL.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Chris2T

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 01:21:00 PM »
i used to lik the tv show CHiPs, about the california motorcycle cops. Loved that show. I watched it a couple of years ago and it was truly unwatchable. i mean bad acting, terrible stunts, awful dialogue. But the bikes were cool ;-)