Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Travis Pastrana going to Nascar  (Read 7501 times)

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
Re: Travis Pastrana going to Nascar
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 04:19:44 PM »
Boo,what a shame.There may be finesse to it but there is also finesse to tiddly winks.There are not too many race series out there where you can be old and fat with aging reflexes and still do well-which leaves it out of legit racing in my book.On the other hand,it is slightly less boring than baseball-maybe.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 09:11:23 PM »
To be faster than everyone on the track, you would have to be better than them. But  exceptionally skilled to race a nascar, haha come on, there,s 17 year old girls  racing around Chicago, that would show them how a pass is done, while waving there arm out the window, cutting across 4 lanes, brake checking, painting there nails,talking on the phone and smoking a cig, haha I see it everyday. Majority of racers where just born into the right family. How do explain 18-20 yr old nascar racers, just rich boys, they can,t even get a truck driving job,they wouldn,t last 2 hrs pulling a intermodal-railroad trailer with a company pile of junk. Travis is a big name in motorsports, nascar is hurting and looking to boost ratings,bottom line. That being said smoke,em Travis, stuff them in the wall, dale jr. 1st ;D

Offline yo_marc

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 10:07:55 AM »
If NASCAR were easy, why isn't Montoya cleaning up!!   (Ex successful Williams and McLaren F1 driver).

Heading to Loudon NH tomorrow, to watch qualifying for the Lenox 301.
'00 RM250
'88 TRX250R

Offline yo_marc

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 10:17:30 AM »
Too funny - Pastrana will actually be up there.  Maybe we'll stick around for the 5pm start.

http://www.pastranawaltrip.com/news/202/travis-pastrana-new-hampshire-preview

He's got some thoughts in there on NASCAR vs other racing disciplines.
'00 RM250
'88 TRX250R

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 02:23:16 PM »
If NASCAR were easy, why isn't Montoya cleaning up!!   (Ex successful Williams and McLaren F1 driver).

Heading to Loudon NH tomorrow, to watch qualifying for the Lenox 301.

Montoya sucked in F1 and was dirty in cart.He was always a fatty so he should fit nascar well. :)
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 11:00:03 AM »
Montoya is a joke. When he was asked what his thoughts were on adding the boot section to Watkins Glen, he replied that he didn't like the idea, because it would make the race harder. Nascar is a joke, V8 Supercars is where its at.

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline Mr Tibbs911

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 11:38:08 PM »
V8 SuperCars is my lifeline. I watch it as much as possible. I also love the likes of F1, Rolex, ALMS, LMS, FIA racing, FIM MotoGP...anything that isnt NASCAR really.
ONLY TWO-strokes belong on TWO wheels.

Offline factoryX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2011, 01:40:58 AM »
Pretty much the same here, rolex seems to be dying though.

Offline VintageBlueSmoke

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2011, 04:53:41 AM »
I'm a RACIST. There I said it.

I've started a new religion; RACISM. We worship motorsport. (Even NASCAR)

It's not about the vehicle, the driver/rider and definately not the the organizations who continually screw it all up (cough NASCAR cough). It's about the good feeling you get watching, following, and participating in motorsports.

Contact me for conversion details

Pope Kurt
08 Speed Bird Quad 110, 08 KTM 144, 04 Suzuki LT-Z400, 03 Gas Gas EC, 300,97 Honda CR144, 96 Husky Boy 50, 88 Husky 400WR, 86 Honda CR125R, 80 Can-Am MX6 400, 75 Husky 360CR, 75 Husky 175CC, 73 Penton Jackpiner 175, 72 Husky 250CR, 72 Husky 125, 72 Rickman-Zundapp 125, (2) 71 Bultaco Pursang Mk

Offline yo_marc

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2011, 01:53:53 PM »
Rough crowd!!

Just looked up V8 Supercars.  Pushrod V8 + RWD = win in my book.  I gotta be superficial and say the cars styling doesnt' really do much for me tho.

I won't bother evangelizing NASCAR TOO much... but I will say Pastrana looked rough out there on Friday.

He was running the series before the series that leads into what for all intense an purposes is a NASCAR race -- the Sprint Cup series.  That is, he wasn't even in the minor league yet.

He started back of the pack, last place.  I forget the reason.  It was around 1 to 2 laps in that he entered T1 hot, like he was going to pass a few cars.  He ran up the track and put it in the wall between T1 and T2.  No yellow was called, and he fell a handful of car lengths back.  He stayed there for a handful of more laps before we left.  I looked up the results later, and he looks to have finished towards the back of the pack.

Just sayin'... for those that think NASCAR is easy -- the guy that's out there setting Mt. Washington hillclimb records and all that, doesn't seem to do such an easy feat as just turning left so well  ;)

'00 RM250
'88 TRX250R

Offline yo_marc

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2011, 01:58:50 PM »
'00 RM250
'88 TRX250R

Offline factoryX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2011, 03:15:55 PM »
No NASCAR isn't easy, but no one said it was. The main issue with NASCAR is their failure with keeping things fresh and updated, they've been doing the same thing for 50 years, and what exactly have they changed? Made cars slower/heavier, made tracks smaller, and loose a ton of sponsors. Its not about the racing its about the cash, and they happen to be loosing both in the process. The racing industry all together(any form of racing) is dying at the hands of people who are stuck on their cell phones, buying shitty clothes, and happy with mooching off government hand outs(the party life). Its going to get nasty in a couple years and these people aren't going to make it.

Offline Mr Tibbs911

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2011, 07:53:13 PM »
ONLY TWO-strokes belong on TWO wheels.