Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Dead Engine Two Stroke Holeshot....  (Read 2681 times)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Dead Engine Two Stroke Holeshot....
« on: November 08, 2010, 07:53:16 AM »
This is a vid from Christian Weiss, TM-Germany  pulling pro holeshot at 2010 XCC event. Similar to our harescrambles/GNCC racing.  Kid pulls 3 bike lengths before the others have bikes fired up! Pretty impressive !

**Start video at 1:40 mark.

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
Re: Dead Engine Two Stroke Holeshot....
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 09:22:06 AM »
Sweet! It's funny how you always see the 4's after the dust clears still kicking. :)

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 09:24:00 AM »
Awesome!
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 11:14:13 AM »
John don't let my secret get out.  I'm old and slow and this is one advantage i have because i'm riding a smoker.  By the time they get fired up I hope to be in 4th gear and roosting them while I pull away.  Even with their electric start I plan to beat them to the 1st turn.  After that all bets are off
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 11:25:46 AM »
Thats cool, i remember when i was young and stupid and owned on of those 4 stroke things the same thing happened to me at a pony express, i got left behind! Those early YZ 400's were absolute bitches to start sometimes, im glad i seen the light....
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 04:20:54 PM »
That was cool. Very cool. In those classes leaving after the first one, it sounded like there was quite a few two strokes.
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 07:25:02 PM »
If I've heard correctly, I think the original idea behind left-hand-kick was to gain an advantage at this kind of thing.  The idea was that you could kick the bike, and then your foot would be in the perfect position to bang the gear shifter into first and then you could take off for the stars right then and there, while the other riders waste time moving feet around.  I don't know if that's really why they did it, but if it is, it proves that someone in a little European workshop was analyzing the problem a lot more than it was worth!

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 09:36:16 PM »
If I've heard correctly, I think the original idea behind left-hand-kick was to gain an advantage at this kind of thing.  The idea was that you could kick the bike, and then your foot would be in the perfect position to bang the gear shifter into first and then you could take off for the stars right then and there, while the other riders waste time moving feet around.  I don't know if that's really why they did it, but if it is, it proves that someone in a little European workshop was analyzing the problem a lot more than it was worth!

That would only work if you could kick it over with your left foot... which I never could  >:(
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 09:42:16 PM »
Yeah, but it also assumes that the person who is riding is a professional motorcycle racing athlete of the old type; the sort of guy who disappears into some god-forsaken Swedish wilderness and goes riding at 70 miles-per-hour through untouched forest terrain in the middle of a blizzard for 16 hours a day.  The standard Joe who buys a dirt bike off the showroom just ends up standing next to the bike to kick it, which would be annoying on a low-slung bike but I think is quite nice on something 43 inches high at the seat.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?