Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Who races?  (Read 12511 times)

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Who races?
« on: November 05, 2010, 06:53:00 PM »
Who all here races? MX, Harescrambles, gp anything! What Class do ya race? Any good racing stories?

Offline msambuco

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Who races?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 07:20:50 PM »
I usetacould. Now I am a Pro trail rider.
08 373 Fuzion Toyhauler
1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog
A lot of toys
A map and a credit card
A lot of memories no one can take away

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 07:52:58 PM »
I raced MX, cross country, hare scrambles, 2 Day Qualifiers and trials over the years. I'm badly injured right now but if everything starts to work again I'd like to do some vintage/Evo class motocross.

I was once near the end of a race, totally wasted and climbing this hill when my Maico 500 shot out from under me, went airborne and sheared this big ,gnarly branch off a tree about ten feet up. Funny thing was that there was no damage to the bike! 

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 08:08:18 PM »
Its funny how that happens..recently, I had a friend who broke 6 vertebrate in his neck in a bad wreck, NOTHING happened to his bike except for a slightly bent lever. Another friend just got outta the hopstial with a handful of serious injuries, nothing happened to his bike either.

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 09:42:25 PM »
the question should be changed to who can afford to race lol.  ;D :'(

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 09:44:16 PM »
Haha yeah no kidding! I was planning on racing this past summer but I had to spend a lot of money on my golf tourney entries so i was not able to. I plan on it next summer though! Haha motocross is an expensive sport, especially if your dumb enough to ride a thumper.

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 11:13:34 PM »
Yeah, i race, and am currently preparing for the next season. So long as the rule changes take effect, I can race my YZ 250 in the lites class. That is what I am training for, and to have a real crack next season. Hoping to have some top results.
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 11:40:15 PM »
Oh nice, yeah that would be awesome if you could race ur 250 in the lites! They would be a real threat! You in A class or what?

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 04:16:20 AM »
Oh nice, yeah that would be awesome if you could race ur 250 in the lites! They would be a real threat! You in A class or what?

Yeah cant wait, I know that I am faster on the 250 two stroke over the 250F, even though the 250F is easier to go fast on for longer. I am a two stroke die hard and cant wait to go racing. I race at A grade club level, and B grade on a national level.
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 04:28:21 AM »
Thats awesome man, well keep us posted on how you do

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 05:35:57 AM »
i race mx1 amatour with kx 250

Offline KTMguy

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 07:06:59 AM »
I race about twice a year. I was in 250C, but now I'm getting old and 25+ class eligible.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2010, 08:19:55 AM »
I have a good story about a race I entered many years ago.

The race was a hare scrambles event that my friend had put on and I remember the gun going off, dumping the clutch and grabbing gears to the first corner. After a section of tight trail we broke out onto a fireroad and, as I knew the area well, I was able to move up a few positions before arrows lead to another twisty section of trail. As I slammed a corner I saw ribbons and slowed for my first check point.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered my friend, in his wisdom, had decided to man the check points with female strippers! There they were, slathered in bug spray sans clothing, punching rider cards!

The odd thing I remember about this race is that nobody seemed intent on racing. I'd pull into a check point and half the race was there performing some kind of maintenance on their bikes or catching up on the latest gossip. I mean all of this could have been done before or after the race. ;D

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 08:27:28 AM »
HAHA! Your buddy has great humor. I bet guys were definitely taking their time at each checkpoint.

Offline MonsterYZ5

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 11:56:15 AM »
I race mx and arenacrossss. I race the 250 and 450 novice classes, collegeboy, and open classes. I race a 2009 Yamaha yz 250 and a 2002 Honda cr 125.
Josh: #5 2009 Yamaha YZ250