Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: mx vs atv reflex  (Read 12371 times)

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
mx vs atv reflex
« on: October 28, 2010, 09:54:32 AM »
does someone of you play it?

i can't wait for the pc version cuz i don't have money for xbox

:D

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: mx vs atv reflex
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 10:44:05 AM »
Yeah I play it on xbox..i wish i had a nice computer cuz i would MUCH rather play mx sim..that game looks sick.

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 11:28:12 AM »
We have it for PS3. It takes awhile to get used to, but once you do, it's fun.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 01:05:22 PM »
I have MX Unleashed for the Wii... while it can be a boatload of fun with friends, it has very little appeal to me.

Normally if you were to be in the room while I was "riding" the bike on a track, it would resemble a drunkin' sailor on his first leave... wobbly and all over the place!

Actually I almost hurt myself from laughing so much the first few times I played... although after a while it got to be a bit boring. I haven't play the game (or any other game for that matter) for over 6 months!

If I couldn't ride an actual MX bike, I would defer to a small mini bike (I used a mini-trail 50 Honda) and blast around doing strange stuff on that. If that wasn't possible, I'd get a BMX bike... personally I find it so much better to actually do something, than to virtually do it! But hey that's just me!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 01:25:42 PM »
As far as MX games go, you really can't beat MX Simulator.  The graphics as-shipped are pretty bad, but it's one of those games that serves as a platform for the mod community, so depending on what you download, you can make it look very good indeed.  But of course, the real star of the show is the physics.  After playing MX Simulator for some months, I thought I'd download the demo of MX vs ATV Reflex, and I was horrified!  It felt so wrong, nothing made any sense anymore!

Mx Simulator Track Contest Review

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 01:55:34 PM »
Ive been thinking of getting MXS..im not sure what laptop to get though that will make it run the best..i am thinking about getting a new laptop here in the next few months. Any tips on what to look for so that it has the best graphics and runs the smoothest?

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 02:02:20 PM »
Honestly, I've never had any real problems with performance so I don't have much advice.  My old computer ran it very well until the monitor blew up, and it wasn't even remotely a cutting-edge system.  Unless you're looking for the cheapest laptop known to humanity, you shouldn't have too much of a problem.  But to be sure, I would recommend going on the forums, posting the specs of what you had in mind, and asking how well it would do and/or where it's lacking.  There are plenty of people on there that know far more about computers (and MXS) than I.

But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 02:07:44 PM »
Alright yeah im not a computer genius..im sure the ones im looking at would do just fine. Still trying to decide whether to get the laptop and game or put the money into my dirtbike..hmmmm decisions decisions haha

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 02:14:29 PM »
No Contest.... dirt bike!!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 02:17:59 PM »
i wanna play in the winter

when it gets dark outside at 5 pm and you can ride the bike becouse of the snow

maybe when i grow older i will aford a snow kit :P

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 03:04:15 PM »
 I tried mxs and it was horrible. It didn't make since. Is the newer one better?

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 04:32:08 PM »
There are a couple things you need before really getting into the game.  First is a decent controller - only the most dedicated masters of the world can play with a keyboard.  I use a Saitek X-52, but most players find good success with an Xbox 360 controller.  Either way, you at least need to be able to have good subtle control of the steering and the throttle, and preferably the front brake and clutch as well if your controller allows (mine doesn't).  The second thing you need is a very basic understanding of the physics behind a motorcycle.  Many people get very confused in MXS because they turn the bars to the left and the bike leans right.  This is how real bikes actually are (most people never realize this, they just ride) and it takes some getting used-to in the game.  But after a few hours (like, a lot of hours) your brain manages to invent a new equilibrium for the game, just like it did when you learned to ride a real bike.

Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 04:54:06 PM »
i like this part "your brain manages to invent a new equilibrium for the game"

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 08:10:48 PM »
For a couple of winters I rode an 83 Maico 490 on snowmobile trails. I studded the tires and the trick to riding in the snow was to keep the bike at least a gear higher then normal. It was actually a lot of fun. ;D

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 12:36:15 PM »
It's like I've been saying for years.  There is no problem that can't be fixed with a 490 motor.

Do you feel lucky, punk?