Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Wheel Slippage  (Read 1800 times)

Offline YZ250

• Junior
  • I'll live forever, or die trying!
    • View Profile
Wheel Slippage
« on: October 06, 2010, 05:34:13 PM »
I was on a rain ride and it was very muddy, except i was riding on sand at a sand hill and i noticed that when i gave 'er gas, my bike would lunge forward like it always does. it felt like my clutch would not fully disengage. usually my tire spins in sand from all the power, but i still get traction-(don't ask how this happens, it just does). in this situation i had neither. would this be from clutch malfunction? from the sand being very heavy and wet from the rain, or my tire being wet and slippery, or both?

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: Wheel Slippage
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 07:24:33 AM »
When sand is wet, you do get better traction up to a point of where it turns into a quagmire.... So traction to die for...

It's hard to understand the written word to diagnose a problem like this without asking a whole bunch of other questions... Like what gear do you usually use, what gear were you using that day? How high were you revving the bike? Did you slip the clutch through the corner? Where you sitting forward on the bike or to the rear?

But the most important question is, did your bike rev higher and not move forward faster? If so, the clutch is slipping...
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!