Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 2 Stroke Nationals  (Read 3648 times)

Offline AFG

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
2 Stroke Nationals
« on: November 25, 2009, 09:37:11 PM »
Does anyone personally know Don Schneider? If so call him. We (2 stroke riders)need him to do for the 2T's that he did for the 4T's. He was the guy that created the Western 4 Stroke Nationals. He created a stand alone national series for 4T's when there wasn't one, and did an excellent job! All his events I raced or attended were well run,had great prize money,etc... first class. I think there is definitely a demand for such series. What about you guy's?

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Stroke Nationals
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 05:08:17 AM »
I did some research and found some info on Don. I don't know him personally, but it seems that he has decided to stop promoting the series. It sound like it is a Western Region series only. Is that true?

Building a true National Series would require some series work to accomplish. Why? Our country is so huge, that it would have to be worthwhile to competitive racer in order to be willing to cris-cross the country in order to participate in the entire series.

In addition without the "draw" of big names, how many of you would be willing to attend two stroke races if you had no idea of who the racers were?

Not that any of this can not be overcome, they are to be considered very seriously before embarking on just  "throwing" together a series.

http://www.4strokenationals.com/

The letter that Don wrote on the front page is a farewell letter to the riders and fans of the series.

It might be possible to contact Don and see if he is interested in two strokes at all. This would be the first step.

As for promoting a National Series, I am still asking lots of questions and talking to many people to put together a package that would appeal to the greatest number of racers and fans.

This in itself is no easy task. When I ran a survey earlier this year, people's opinions on how a series should be run were wildly different. Some wanted an event that included four-strokes, some wanted vintage bikes, some wanted classes for 125, 250 and Open, some anted races to be held on current National motocross tracks and some wanted races at new venues.

It's not that the basis of the ideas could not be boiled down to a reasonable base for a series. Which I will do over the next month and post the results here.

Just to clarify, I ran the survey for a promoter that is sill working on developing a Two Stroke series for 2010. While we have not been in touch for a while, I wanted to give him a chance to put the series together without competition from a competing series. My feeling is that could be a death blow to beginning a true Two Stroke series by diluting the available competitors and fans.

Sorry to ramble on for so long!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline AFG

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Stroke Nationals
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 07:07:01 AM »
That' cool. I can't remeber if the series went out east. Even if it started out west, it might morph into a full blown national series, and steamroll the way Don's events did. If they do put one together I'll be there.