Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: USA 125 class 250 2t class ?  (Read 5710 times)

Offline meger z

• Expert
    • View Profile
USA 125 class 250 2t class ?
« on: November 23, 2009, 02:37:15 AM »
what are you guys going to do about a 250 2t / 125 2t national championships! time is running out for next season.  
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 02:40:55 AM by meger z »

Offline Alec S

• Junior
    • View Profile
Re: USA 125 class 250 2t class ?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 08:15:36 AM »
At the national/pro level it ain't going to happen. That's been decided.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 12:16:14 PM »
No so fast there Targo.....

While the AMA and the manufacturers voted it out of Pro Racing for 2010, there is at least one promoter working on a National level two stroke series.

Will it pan out? I sure hope so. Will it be a big huge race? Unknown, but like most things it will probably start small and grow from there.

In the meantime, we can support the race promoters that offer fair competition or separate two stroke classes.
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline Alec S

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 01:26:50 PM »
I assumed the poster was referring to the AMA.

Lets hope some pro level 2T or 2T/4T racing works out.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 01:38:36 PM »
I hope that I didn't come off as being to much there.... If I did, sorry about that!

Merger Z is from the UK and the racers and fans there have many different options when it comes to opportunities to race their two-stroke motocross bikes.

What they did was put their money where there mouth is and started a National Two Stroke Series a couple of years back. This series has evolved into a premier series in that country and has opened the eyes of the ACU (similar to the AMA) to the point that they are now taking the two stroke seriously.

Not to put words in Merger Z's mouth, but I believe he is saying that we should just get off our duffs and do it!

Hopefully we will be hearing some good news in the near future about this.

But if this series does not come to be, we will have to take matters into our own hands and start a series ourselves.
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 03:57:06 PM »
definetly I think that a 125 national series would be great, I think it would be a great after retirement thing for riders like Ricky Carmichael, or, maybe riders who don't want to ride the full out nationals(like James Stewart this past summer), and want to just have fun out there, because, I am very sure, in fact 95% sure that both of these guys have more fun on 2 strokes, I mean, just look at this video.Ricky Carmichael Rides Again! 2.stroke
Then, look at what James Stewart was riding at his ride day, I am pretty sure that Yamaha did not want him to ride it, but, I am guessing that Bubba wanted to enough so he put up a fight, but, that is just my guess.
I'd rather be riding...

Offline Out of Order

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 05:01:24 PM »
That's right I remember filling a questionnaire out on this website a couple of months ago about a possible MX series separate from the AMA. Don't remember the site. This would be awesome because there are racing series not by the AMA for the two-stroke crotch rockets. Believe the name is USGPRU. So it's possible that this separate series could come to life. ;)   

Offline meger z

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 02:56:44 AM »
That's right I remember filling a questionnaire out on this website a couple of months ago about a possible MX series separate from the AMA. Don't remember the site. This would be awesome because there are racing series not by the AMA for the two-stroke crotch rockets. Believe the name is USGPRU. So it's possible that this separate series could come to life. ;)   
collect as much info as possible .Im like a stuck record but if it could be like the Canadian out door of 2004 then it would be good bye 4ts.ps anyone got any footage of the Canadian out door 2004?

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 03:40:54 PM »
Canadian outdoor 2004? Sorry, what happened? I only got into this sport by fluke about 2-3 years ago.
I'd rather be riding...

Offline westyzkx

• Novice
  • Two Stroke Militia
    • View Profile
    • Toyboy Connection
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 08:03:14 AM »
I assumed the poster was referring to the AMA.

Lets hope some pro level 2T or 2T/4T racing works out.

No Targo he wasnt referring to the AMA - he is saying that the only way forward now is to bypass the AMA, they are the ones who are killing the sport. In the UK they are like the FIM, I spoke to the PR guy for the British 2 Stroke Championships and they said they just went ahead without the FIM, he said why did they need them? so they could have their little crumby badge on the posters?! Like the AMA, the FIM's rules excluded the 2 stroke so they bypassed. 

They went ahead and started their new series, got some sponsors and the rest they say, is history. It's the only way the AMA will ever listen cos once the 2 Stroke Championship gains popularity they will want back in to have a piece of the pie.
www.toyboyconnection.com - online dating for younger men and older women

Offline Alec S

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 12:21:33 PM »
A comment I made quite a while back was to forget the AMA.....so I'm with you on that account. ;)