Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: KX 125 Suspension  (Read 3524 times)

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
KX 125 Suspension
« on: October 30, 2010, 11:39:40 AM »
I set my sag on my bike and my static sag ended up at 55 mm so I know my springs are way to stiff for my weight. I don't have the money to rebuild my shocks so any ideas on clicker settings I should use?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 12:11:07 PM by cmiller493 »

Offline evo550

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: KX 125 Suspension
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 04:04:39 PM »
Clickers won't do much.
Instead of trying to get a spring to suit your weight a cheaper alternative is to get put on more weight to suit your spring. ;D

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 04:21:56 PM »
I have Chrons Disease...I lose weight, not gain weight.

Offline HS125

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 08:04:02 AM »
I have an idea of what your going through with the Chrons, I have a friend that has it and it sucks.  I feel for ya.

As far as the clickers, back the compression out as far as you can and try that.  Then adjust accordingly.  You can also lower your oil level in the forks, which can take some harshness out. If your seals are leaking though, I would not lower the oil level as it could already be low.  I would start with stock setting on the rebound clickers.

Have you looked on ebay for the correct springs for your weight?  You may be able to at least find the rear spring for cheap.

Please keep in mind I'm no suspension expert and the above are only suggestions. :P 

Make and record your adjustments on your suspension that you currently have and dial it in the best you can. 

Then SAVE UUUUUP! for the correct springs.

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 08:23:14 AM »
Yeah..its pretty tough..especially for a 17 year old kid who is very active..I play varsity basketball and am an All-State golfer and Im not sure if ill be able to play bball this year. But yeah I have been emailing a guy from mx-tech and he showed me a site that has good quality springs for not a bad price...I can buy the springs i just dont have the money to get everything rebuilt so yes..SAVE UP! haha thanks for the help man!

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 06:17:43 AM »
get the springs first, then save up for the rebuild.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.