Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Save The Trails Message (OHV Usage)  (Read 8593 times)

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
Re: Save The Trails Message (OHV Usage)
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 07:50:44 AM »
not even close. Nuclear energy is actually one of the cleanest way's to produce electricity. As I have said in a high school project about nuclear energy, most of the issues are caused by human error. Yes it has its problems but so does mining for coal, drilling for deep sea oil, etc.

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 09:31:26 AM »
John, you do realize that the Chernobyl Disaster happened on a reactor that was not only completely different from anything used in the US, but also poorly designed, poorly built, poorly maintained, and illegally running with all the safety equipment shut off, right?

Just fast-forward to the 30 minute mark on that first video I posted.  The dweeby scientist guy tells all.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 10:24:59 AM »
Guys... calm down... I understand your passion for nuclear energy...

I have friends that support the children of Chernobyl... the after effects are the sad part of any disaster, but it's not newsworthy nor do people want to really know about all the silly little details.

I get it... you don't agree with me.. that's fine.

What disturbs me most is that no one made comment one about what I talked about at the end of my longish comment...

Can we now switch back to the OP???

Thanks!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 11:09:17 AM »
On that note:

TRAIL SABATOGE

Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 11:40:52 AM »
Most of the sabotage that I've seen on trails is done by the Forest Service.  They get a big bulldozer and create a giant pile of dirt at the trailhead, complete with a bunch of really deep cuts in the ground from the caterpillar tracks on the bulldozers.  Apparently the idea is to make the environment more beautiful, but I don't see how they're accomplishing that, especially when you climb over the mound of dirt and notice that further on, they cut down live trees to further block the trail.

But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 03:43:16 PM »
I've often ridden in the U.S. at OHV areas such as Little Naches, Cle Elum and Mt. St.Helens. Has any one done a study on how tourists such as myself impact the local economies? I think if a study were done the results would be quite surprising and might give the opposition pause to reconsider their arguments. I'm quite certain the ATV contingent would be interested in what is happening as well.

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 04:24:27 PM »
I've often ridden in the U.S. at OHV areas such as Little Naches, Cle Elum and Mt. St.Helens

Someone just fell 700 feet off the side of one of the trails at Cle Elum.  I have not been there but one of the trails is along side a straight cut rock cliff and his handle bars hit the side and he went over.
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 05:46:41 PM »

Someone just fell 700 feet off the side of one of the trails at Cle Elum.  I have not been there but one of the trails is along side a straight cut rock cliff and his handle bars hit the side and he went over.
sketch!

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2010, 08:31:35 PM »
The first time my friends took me to Cle Elum we rode a canyon trail that was suitable only for mountain goats. At one point you had to lean your bike out over a cliff to get around a rock outcropping and then yank it back in towards the trail before you went over the edge. I was white as a ghost and my friends were laughing at me. I did get even on a future ride. ;)

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 03:54:44 AM »
What'd you do to get even?  Make someone ride a Suzuki TM400?

Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 10:58:07 AM »
Ah Jetz, you have yet to learn the weekend bloodsport of trail riding with your buddies. You see, Cle Elum was in retaliation for a previous ride where I had lured my south of the border friends into the deepest, darkest depths of the westcoast rainforest. Think of a perfect setting for a "swamp thing" movie. A place where a friend had sunk his XR280 10 minutes into the ride, only to extract himself after a 30 minute profanity laced kicking frenzy where every treetop in the vicinity had been coated with thick, black mud. A place where another riding partner had wedged his YZ400F so tightly between two stumps that it took everything we had to extract the bike ( he promptly sold the Yamaha realizing had it been a race he would have DNF'd). It was evil.

But to answer your question, at the end of that ride I was smiling like a Chershire cat while my friends were coated in a thick layer of dust, their jersy's hanging in ribbons from side swiping blowdown.

That is of course, until the next ride.