Home > Forum

Author Topic: NZ'ers  (Read 3479 times)

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
NZ'ers
« on: September 03, 2010, 03:47:51 PM »
Cripes,you guys all right down there?I just caught a quick blurb on the news about the earthquake.Natural disasters are everywhere.I'm sitting here awaiting Hurricane Earl that is due to hit in about 6 hrs.Currently,30'c and calm.When it hit's I'll fire the old woman and the cat out in it and pass along their report :D
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: NZ'ers
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 03:57:25 PM »
When you get your power back in New Zealand, please let us all know that your alright.

I hope that your homes are all in one piece and that your families are safe.

Ford... I think the remnants of Earl will just be some wind and rain for you.... it's not raining or windy yet here in southern New York.
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 04:02:07 PM »
Likely you're right John.They're giving class 1 Hurricane for southern tip and class something or other tropical storm for the rest of the province.We live about 10 min from the Bay of Fundy so If I get a chance I'll likely skip over and check out the waves.Coooollll.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 04:58:37 PM »
Yep still alive .
Doesnt sound like any deaths which is good.
Have been trying to find some pictures on it but my computer had a melt down an hour ago. All fixed now.
We historically have a big one every 80 years. Last one was in 1931 where i live. I am in the north island, Christchurch is in the south so didn't feel anything.They have declared a state of emergency with broken water mains & sewage. Will look at the telly when i get home to see how bad it is. Sounds like it will take awhile to get things going again.

On a lighter note ford, I thought you might have been hiding in embarrassment after NZ bet Canada in the basketball world champs. Christ ! we only have 3 players and a couple off retired sheep shearers in the team  :o
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 05:21:43 PM »

On a lighter note ford, I thought you might have been hiding in embarrassment after NZ bet Canada in the basketball world champs. Christ ! we only have 3 players and a couple off retired sheep shearers in the team  :o

Pbbfffttttt,no wonder.You've got the N.Z. dream team.All we've got is a lumberjack,a drunken Indian and a moose. :-[ :D

On yet another note,I was watching a David Tua fight the other night and they mentioned he was from N.Z.I always thought he was Hawaiian because of the lei he wears.Oh well,same thing I suppose :D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 05:24:45 PM by ford832 »

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 03:51:11 PM »
When I lived in Vancouver earthquakes were a common occurrence. My shop was a two story concrete block building and I remember during one earthquake the top floor swaying what seemed like two feet back and forth.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 09:48:34 PM »
We have had 3 earthquakes here in the last week. 1 was 30km away and the other 2 were 70km away just off the coast where i go fishing.
There may be some new rocks to fish. ;D
I went to the beach last weekend for a paua (abalone) dive and there was broken wine glasses all over the floor of the beach house.
No structual damage just the girls need to buy some more glasses. I don't touch the stuff myself  ;)
Christchurch has had heaps of after shocks measuring up to 5.4.
Every body is a bit nervous.
The good thing to come out of it is that people are awear to be ready when the next one comes.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough