Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 250 Four Stroke  (Read 2424 times)

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
250 Four Stroke
« on: August 22, 2010, 04:52:53 AM »
Now I know the heading is misleading, but hear me out. I had a great ride today at the local motocross track, and have my YZ250 running sweet. I have been back on two strokes for a couple of years now and been loving every second of it. Now I had a chance to ride a good mates 2010 YZ250F as I hadnt ridden a 250F for a couple of years and wanted to see what the new ones are all about. I did one lap and wanted my bike back. I dont remember the 250F's being so slow and underpowered. Weight wise felt similar, but all this talk about increased levels of handling due to the engine braking and putting power to the ground better is a load of garbage. My two banger puts the power down just as well as the 250f, plus makes bucket loads more of it.  I dont know why more guys aren't riding and racing 250 2 strokes. Especially being legal against the 250Fs. For anyone out there that currently rides a 250F and is considering a two stroke, you gotta make the change. Of course everyone here already knows this. Just wanted to re-affirm my four stroke position !!!!

;D      ;D
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline keeptwostrokesalive

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: 250 Four Stroke
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 06:47:50 AM »
I rode my buddys 2008 crf250r awhile back and i hated it.  This was the my first time riding one of the four jokes.  My 125 felt like it pulled harder than that lump of coal.  The one thing i hated the most about the bike was cornering, every corner it wanted to just fall over.  I dont see how you ride those piece of craps.  Oh and did i mention how boring it was ;D

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 01:47:36 PM »
When i rode my mates brothers tricked out KXF250 the only thing that kept going thru my mide was how peaky it was.
You had to keep it screeming to go anywhere.

And i thought that that was the complaint of the 2 stroke  ???
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline CCOADY454

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 11:27:01 AM »
Yeah, it's just that the 4s feel slow, but they're ability to smooth out the tractionability of the powerband that makes their laptimes confusing.  To me, they feel about 10seconds a lap slower because there's no explosiveness, but they're actually boringly fast.  It's almost like comparing a sports car with an automatic to a manual transmission.  The manual always feel faster to me, but if you make a mistake, miss a shift or shift at the wrong RPM, you'll lose to the automatic lazyman transmission.  4-strokes allow you to make more mistakes without losing much speed (missed shift no big deal).  They still suck, haha.

For a skilled rider, the 2t smokes the 4t.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 10:48:27 PM »
I never rode a 4-st., friends have tried to get me on there 4-st., because they wanted to ride my cr125  with a jm motor that sounds super sick. I let a couple people ride it, I just liked to listen to it go around the track and wasn,t interested in riding there bikes. From what I see the riders with some skill have there 250f,s pinned everywhere, so it don,t make sense they could be riding a mod 125 and be faster.

Offline smokinyzliterly

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 01:02:33 AM »
all my mates were buying 250f's and they convinced me to have a quick ride. although it wasnt quick. after i jumped on it i realised it had the throttle responce of a decade. by  the end of the lap i was so bored i had to give it back. as soon as i gave it back i jumped on my two stroke and went of for another lap. i eventually came of and he was still trying to start his bike. i guess that sais it all ;D

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 10:53:21 AM »
Oh man, there was a video that someone posted here a million years ago, of a guy blasting around a track on his YZ250F, and then he falls in one of the turns.  So he tries to start it back up again, and you can hear him constantly breathing hard and wheezing and shit.  After two minutes he gives up, throws the bike on the ground, and walks away.  I can't seem to find it anymore, though.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?