Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Reverse cylinder motors  (Read 7464 times)

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Reverse cylinder motors
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 07:47:53 AM »
There you go Ford, if it was'nt for some mad German scientists you would still be trying to figure out how to motocross your Yamaha piano. ;D

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 06:54:13 PM »
Canada is well known for it's contribution to the advancement of technical excellence  ;) :o

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 05:39:08 AM »
Come on? We all know where all of the hi-tech comes from..........GERMANY
                                                                                                AUSTRIA
                                                                                             & ITALY !........ ;)

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 06:11:20 AM »
Exactly.  Not many people are aware that both Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were born and raised in Austria.  The Wright Brothers actually made their first flight in Sicily, too.  And the worst part is that everyone thinks Henry Ford set up shop in Detroit, Michigan, when actually it was just out side of Deutrich in Prussia.  You can see how people would confuse the names.
;)

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 04:33:11 PM »
There you go Ford, if it was'nt for some mad German scientists you would still be trying to figure out how to motocross your Yamaha piano. ;D

Now that would be a cool project.As I was thrashing Maico's on it,I could play a little tune at the same time.
Yeah baby,Canadian inventions rule!!!! 8) :D

I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 06:30:33 PM »
Do you sing as well? I mean "Tip Toe Through The Tulips" is much better with the vocals  as you watch a thundering herd of Maicos disappear into the sunset.

Is Shania Twain a Canadian invention? :D

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 09:32:44 PM »
  The Wright Brothers actually made their first flight in Sicily, too.  ;)

Its a pity that the Wright brothers were the second to fly after Richard Pearse  :D

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 12:57:01 AM »
In all seriousness, there are about a million people who claimed to be the first to fly, but the only reason the Wright Brothers get the recognition is because they were the first ones to run to the patent office and tell everyone else to suck it.  As a result, aviation in this country didn't advance all that much from then until after WWI.  Of course, once Boeing rolled out the 707, the skies were pretty much a one-horse-race until quite recently.

National pride aside, my country seems to be utterly unable to produce two-strokes on any sort of scale.  Chrysler got kind-of close to dropping one in the Neon (which surely would've hit the ricer community like a nuclear bomb) but pulled out on that deal toward the end.  Everything was perfect on that thing, and it was going to have 10% better fuel consumption than a four-stroke with the same torque.  Oh, but NOx emissions were just a little bit higher than regulation, and they couldn't come up with a catalyst in time for the 1997 model-year.  At the same time, the EPA assumed that no car on the planet could be produced that wasn't a four-stroke, and so they demanded that the new engine have four-stroke diagnostic equipment.  After all, what two-stroke doesn't need a computer to make sure the valvetrain is operating properly!  Sad story, but now that Chrysler and Fiat are together, and Fiat is big on small and efficient engines, we may see renewed interest in the knowledge they gained from the program!

http://www.allpar.com/neon/stroke.html

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 07:14:29 AM »
National pride aside, my country seems to be utterly unable to produce two-strokes on any sort of scale.

Not that it is on a "huge" scale, but Cobra builds two-stroke motors here in the USA...
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 08:29:23 AM »
Outboards,chainsaws, snowmobiles (I think), lots of two strokes are produced in the U.S.. Now if Cobra would produce a 250/300 along the lines of a KTM XC things would get interesting.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 09:37:04 AM »
Outboards,chainsaws, snowmobiles (I think), lots of two strokes are produced in the U.S.. Now if Cobra would produce a 250/300 along the lines of a KTM XC things would get interesting.

I actually wrote to Cobra to ask about the possibility. Currently they are so busy with the minis that they have not been able to think about it yet.

They have been approached by a very large organization to build a 125 and a 250.... as much as they'd like to do so, it's not in the cards right now.
Life is short.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 11:10:51 AM »
They have been approached by a very large organization to build a 125 and a 250.... as much as they'd like to do so, it's not in the cards right now.

Can-Am maybe ?

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 11:29:03 AM »
It would be cool to see more can-am dirt bikes. As for 2 stroke atv's  :o, some people supposedly talked to can-am about the possibility of 2 stroke atv's since sales where down on the 4 strokes, and they replied that they where all ready debating about it. Originally the DS450 was supposed to have a 300cc power valve 2 stroke motor.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 02:52:53 PM by factoryX »

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2010, 01:14:18 PM »
You mean one of these??

Life is short.