Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: HELP ME GET TO PALA!!!! I know its a lot to ask!  (Read 10575 times)

Offline Watson777

• Expert
    • View Profile
HELP ME GET TO PALA!!!! I know its a lot to ask!
« on: August 16, 2010, 08:43:35 PM »
Can anyone help me get there to do the 2-stroke proud? I signed up but then got cut to part time at work and can't even pay all my bills right now. It is gonna cost me $1000 to get there and home after all expenses. As of right now my racing is over for good unless work picks up. I can't even afford oil etc.... at this point. My paycheck at the end of this month will be less than my total bills (before food, gas or anything for my truck).  AHHHHHHH!  ???

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
Re: HELP ME GET TO PALA!!!! I know its a lot to ask!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 08:58:17 PM »
Bummer  :( If there was any way I could help I would.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline ktm150rippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 09:33:44 PM »
in the same boat brotha or I would throw some bones your way

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 10:40:38 PM »
What you need to do, is make yourself look like a banker and tell Ben Bernanke that you're going through some tough times.  Before you know it, you'll be rolling in the dough!

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 12:07:54 AM »
What you need to do, is make yourself look like a banker and tell Ben Bernanke that you're going through some tough times.  Before you know it, you'll be rolling in the dough!

If I knew who Ben Bernanke was that would probably be funny !!!!!!

:P    :P    :P
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 12:17:35 AM »
Yeah, I guess I should know better than to throw around jokes about economics.  Old Ben is basically the guy in charge of The Fed, which is the organization responsible for printing money out of nowhere in the US.  He has the power to magically add zeros to anyone's bank account in the country, which is essentially how the bailouts and stuff are done.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 08:06:01 AM »
Can anyone help me get there to do the 2-stroke proud? I signed up but then got cut to part time at work and can't even pay all my bills right now. It is gonna cost me $1000 to get there and home after all expenses. As of right now my racing is over for good unless work picks up. I can't even afford oil etc.... at this point. My paycheck at the end of this month will be less than my total bills (before food, gas or anything for my truck).  AHHHHHHH!  ???

Watson... do you have a Paypal account? Could you please post it here, I'll send what I can to help.

No one really understands what's involved until they actually do it. It's a very expensive proposition to race at the National level...

Watson could use any help that you could offer, even if it's only a couple of bucks... everyone has at least a couple of dollars lying around... put it to good use by helping out a fellow two-stroke racer.

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 08:56:55 AM »
I am not working at all right now, or I would gladly help out man. Sorry and good luck!
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 09:12:28 AM »
It takes a ton to race pro stuff.

license - $275

Entry - $200

Plus all your gas, lodging, food, bikes parts, etc etc.

Its just insane that the AMA MXsports whoever charges that much for pro's to race this stuff, first year I raced pro in 2003 I think my license was $175 and that was for SX and MX, then it was $100 to race if you pre-entered, why is it more now when the purse really hasnt changed much or any???

Its horseshit, Mike Kidd with the BooKoo AX series had it right, pro's raced free, great purse money, the best AX tracks period ever, ran perfect, I wish that was still around or he would do a outdoor series.

I would help if I could but I cant Well if you had a paypal account I could send you a few bucks, but after breaking my leg got all those hospital bills, plus all my little boy's hospital bills, and medications.

But on a side note I fully intend on racing several Nationals next year on my RM250, thank god that at least I have a great decent paying job thats never going anywhere.

Offline offroader

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 10:44:00 AM »
Sorry but not even a couple of bucks laying around or i would gladly send them to you.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 12:13:45 PM »
I quit trucking 6-21, I was running the railyards in Chicago,not my dream job pulling 53/ containers,in a poor economy goods are shipped by rail. That even slowed up to almost nothing,I figured what,s the point, go racing, then jump back in a truck 4 the fall push. I had 3 of my parents in the hospital, my Dad is going back in,so I helped them out with stuff, and hurt my back that I stuck 100k into,had to see a Dr. 1st time since 02. So now I have a good size debt , sorry I can,t help ya out. 

Offline offroader

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 12:25:12 PM »
Motomike any openings where you work? ;D

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 01:07:04 PM »
Are you going to post the paypal account here?

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 01:18:43 PM »
Yeah Moto Mike those prices are nuts. Are you going to Red Bud fri.sat. 4 the Racer X race, 18a, 25a, if your 30,do 30a.On sept.5 pro am 60 mi. n.of Green Bay, in may about 40 at that pro am. On 9-11  racer X vet rd.3 at Aztalan, with a pro am 9-12, 40 plus at last years race, James Polvony won.  

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 01:46:22 PM »
I am not even riding yet from breaking my femur before I was supposed to race St. Louis, I jsut started walking officially without cructhes last week, bone still isnt 100% but its slowly getting there.

I hope to be riding before September ends, so I doubt I will be at any of those races, the combination of not riding for 6-7 months at all, combines with not being able to do hardly a damn thing this whole time too, meant I got really out of shape bad, and I wasnt in great shape before, LOL, look at my fat ass!

I work at a large Water softener company here in Indiana, I am the Asst. Mgr. at our Fort Wayne store, we have 7 more stores in Indiana, one in St. Louis, and Ohio, let me tell you people like soft water more then I ever thought they did 5 years ago before I worked here!