Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: MXA Pro Circuit KX125 Article  (Read 6936 times)

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: MXA Pro Circuit KX125 Article
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 01:31:55 AM »
i didn't say it's the future

but they push it on the market

ktm allready does

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 07:04:28 AM »
As with any MXA article, the KX125 article is a let down. It's just a bike that Mitch had and let Weimer ride. I think I have this at home. I'll look.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 07:51:58 AM »
I do have this article... I was going to type it out for the site, but never got around to it. I'll try to scan it in a few days or so...
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline SubTexel

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 12:58:47 PM »
Well, sadly the electric bike will get treated like any other dirtbike when it comes to banning it from riding areas and such. They might not make a lot of noise, but they'll kick up a lot of dust, and contribute to soil erosion and all that wonderful jazz.

Plus, I'm sure people will hit the angle of it being so quiet it's a danger to others on trails, etc... They'll find something, and this green tech will be just as evil as the rest of the dirtbikes.

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 05:09:02 PM »
Well, I think the electric bike is cool for urban riding and while it is not close to being ready for the trails, it could be ready for local motocross tracks if you have multiple batteries and chargers at the track. Eventually in my opinion the electric bike will be the future, unless the algae fuel which Jetz pointed out ends up becoming popular which I really hope it does.
I'd rather be riding...

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 08:26:18 PM »
another thing if you thought 4 stroke where expensive,  :o.

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 08:27:37 PM »
another thing if you thought 4 stroke where expensive,  :o.

Oh i know dude.. but it is still a cool idea in my opinion. It won't fully replace gas bikes, but, I think it will be a nice and welcomed addition.
I'd rather be riding...

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 04:11:39 AM »
I find it very interesting that every time the subject of an electric bike, there are so many reasons why it won't work.

Now to be clear, I'm not saying that the electric bike is the future, but I think it's an interesting idea that warrants examination. Its true that no one knows what the future will bring, but I think it's important to keep an open mind.

To put all of this into perspective in the 1400's it was KNOWN that the world was flat. If you lived at that time you had no doubt that this was the case. Even when the evidence was overwhelming that this was false, many people continued to believe that the world was flat.

What kind of person are you??

Open to new thoughts, ideas and creativity? Or closed minded and positive that nothing will ever change?
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 04:20:10 AM »
al i know if the future is writen as electric bike

i whant onw with speakers who plays 2 stroke sounds  ;D

Offline factoryX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2010, 09:13:51 AM »
 I  could live that.  :P

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2010, 02:48:30 PM »
The world being flat is objectively false.  But electric bikes being superior to gasoline bikes, is a subjective matter that varies depending on who you ask.  A lot of people will like them better, a lot of people will be forced to use them based on their circumstances, and a lot of people are simply going to prefer gasoline.  It's like two-strokes, we can't say flatly that they are better motorcycles, because there will always be someone who prefers the way a four-stroke does its business, even if the field is equal-displacement.  It's natural to hear nothing but opinions, when the issue at hand (electric vs gas) is almost purely a matter of opinion.  The same is true when debates about electric cars arise, it's rather remarkable how similar the conversations turn out.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2010, 03:26:55 PM »

What kind of person are you??

closed minded and positive that nothing will ever change?

Uh-oh,I think you've just P'd off all the old Maico owners on here John :D

As for electric,I'm all for new technology and anything that keeps riding areas open but they have a long way to go yet.Recharge issues aside,they begin losing power almost immediately so the charge duration is irrelevant.So you made the double on lap 1?Good,'cause you ain't gonna make it on lap 4.
Jetz's idea of the charge braking works but adds to much weight to a bike to be feasible.
What really,really gets me about the electric debate,is the "good for the environment thing"The fact that end user sees it as being clean means nothing in the overall scheme of things.Over half of the U.S.'s electricity comes from burning coal.Here in N.S.,the figure is over 80%.The fact that you yourself see no emissions doesn't mean that some of the dirtiest emissions out there weren't generated in the production of your "clean energy" 
I'd love to see figures of emissions generated to produce 1kw of energy for all the alternative fuels-as well as gasoline.The solution may well be electric but with a clean way of producing high enough amounts to meet everyone's needs.
We were at one of the Nat parks this year and one of the Rangers saw me looking over their electric car and came over to sing it's praises to me.When I mentioned the above she said"geez,I never thought of that-but I'll look in to it" I'm not sure if she ever did of course but it's surprising how few give any thought to where it comes from.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline factoryX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 03:40:30 PM »
its a trend,  ;D.