Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Yay MXA! Boo Honda  (Read 10823 times)

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Yay MXA! Boo Honda
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2010, 08:01:52 AM »
The only problem with KTM parts is for the older bikes.

Ya I know and bikes which really aren't that old.  I talked to a guy once who used to own his own KTM shop and I was like how come KTM doesn't have any parts for older models?  He was like well they kept changing distributors and things and so the tools changed and everything.  I said I had a 1984 and he was like ya, we can't even do anything with bikes from 1997 let a lone going back that far. 

Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2010, 11:23:23 AM »
I say the EPA should just screw off and let long-haul freight go back to the good old days.  Like this!

UP Challenger #3985 + 143 Freight Cars
   A couple r.r. facts they destroy the cargo,if you buy electronics today get the extended warranty,they destroy equipment,then that equipment is on the road,the r.r. could careless about your safety,the tires on trls. are made in China they blow and 75 lbs. of thread flys threw the air,can take your head off easily if your on a bike, plastic or rubber mud flaps go flying,bolts,metal brackets,etc. There very slow, a truck in Indiana still has to drive to the Chicago r.r. yard, and at Portland  a truck has to del. the trailer to the customer, so if a truck doesn,t bring a trl. to a r.r. yard the trains emty. A few days go by with this process, the r.r. loses freight all the time, a container that,s going to Harrisburg Pa., gets on a train to La., they screwup all the time.Your tax dollars subsidize the r.r., so they can sit on a forklift making 75 per hr. and sleep or watch movies. The fuel used breaks even at a 900 mi. trip,don,t believe there tv comercial. I  ran a 24 cylinder engine when I was 24,you could put a 3rd grade girl in a engine and she could do just fine.

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2010, 05:25:30 PM »
My KTM's and Berg were the cheapest bikes I've ever maintained.Plastic and stock graphics were expensive but of course you could always go UFO for plastic.When I had my 99 it had a plastic ign cover.In 2000,they went to magnesium so I ordered one for mine-for $42.Engine parts,chassis parts,suspension parts-all cheap.The bearings(wheel,steering/engine) they use are standard as well-unlike the jap which need to be from the dealer or aftermarket.For the KTM/Berg I'd go down to the local bearing place and get Timken/SKF or whatever for 1/4 the price of the chinese aftermarket-and way less than that compared to dealer.Maybe some of the shops have excessive mark up or maybe things have changed in the 2 years since I got rid of the Berg.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.