• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: LOL
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 12:05:38 PM »
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelspecs/31/0/specs.aspx
2011 yz125 $6,250

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelspecs/30/0/specs.aspx
2011 yz250 $7,150

Thanks FactoryX , Holy crap them prices are high  for a yz, when you mod it out you have more green in it than a TM and it,s just a yz. That,s a easy call if your going to mod a  new bike, TM  for sure.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 12:06:00 AM »
Mmm...

That's all I've got to say at this point.

Just... the letter M.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 04:47:30 AM »
I thought those prices to be very reasonable.My RM was almost $6000-back in '99.My Berg listed for $11000 but I got it for $8500 as a 2 yr left over.Given that the Canadian vs US dollar are almost par now,and even when they're not,not that far apart-I'm always astounded at how cheap used bikes are down there compared to up here-In most cases I've seen listed,they'd be almost asking double here-and get it.

Don't leave us hanging Jetz,what does the M stand for? Mediocre?Miserable?Mechanical Meltdown? Inquiring minds want to know :D
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 02:19:58 PM »
ditto, I also thought that they where some what reasonable, however, your paying for old tech.

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 06:00:59 AM »
ditto, I also thought that they where some what reasonable, however, your paying for old tech.
Exactly.  Let's take cars for instance.  If a Honda Accord were 5 years old, except for different bumper emblems lets say. People in that market would probably want a better or same price as it was years ago, or they would go elsewhere for something bigger and better.  It's logical to say for instance, that if Yamaha would actually just go to a 2010 YZ250F frame and plastic on the YZ250, they would outsell the YZ250F or be right in the realm of those bike sales. The reason I say that, is because in Amateur racing some places actually allow that using AMA rules.  As some crazy people have stated, 99%, but umm, not true in the least bit. Places like Texas don't use AMA rules and still use the displacement cheat. But either way, the only reason the sales are down on 2 strokes even if they produced enough, is because they don't have upgrades unless stickers are upgrades.
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline SubTexel

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2010, 12:15:24 PM »
I've given up all hope on Yamaha doing anything to their 2 stroke lineup beyond BNGs. I'll be surprised if they keep them around much longer with how bad bike sales are doing right now.

In the latest MXA they mentioned KTM has direct injection for 2 strokes right now but will not release them until the market picks up.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2010, 04:43:01 PM »
What we need right about now is for BRP to come in from above (or North, technically) and start pushing the Can-Am brand bikes back into the limelight.  Have them make 125cc and 250cc E-Tec variants and do the same marketing and sales stuff they're already doing with Ski-Doo, Sea-doo, and Evinrude.  They're a big enough company with enough economy of scale that they should be able to overcome the "boutique brand" barrier fairly quickly.  Back in the day, they were known as the kings of raw horsepower, and I think 2011 is the perfect atmosphere to reprise that role.  Just the pressure from such a big move would, I think, really light some fires under the Big Five's collective asses.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2010, 03:13:22 AM »
I've given up all hope on Yamaha doing anything to their 2 stroke lineup beyond BNGs. I'll be surprised if they keep them around much longer with how bad bike sales are doing right now.

In the latest MXA they mentioned KTM has direct injection for 2 strokes right now but will not release them until the market picks up.

Yamaha will continue releasing the YZ 2 stroke range. They have to. It could be the difference between them staying afloat or closing their doors !!
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 05:56:37 PM »
ya and you know what else is funny? Look at the price of a new 250 vs an 05 and they are identical bikes..... mater of fact the 4-strokes are only costing them bout $300 per bike more to make than the ones that first came out in the early 2000's, yet they are asking thousands more. I know R&D costs money but when you look at the big picture they are just price gouging (I don't think thats spelled right). on the same note, you can sell an 05 for a decent price right now cuz no one can find 2-strokes. every time one is listed locally that is a newer model it is sold in a couple of days regardless of price. Minus the guy that is asking $3800 for his YZ 125 that he admits he grenaded.

When 4t's first came out the price was held artificially low in order to be competitive with the 2t's on the floor.Now that so many of the 2t's have disappeared,the companies are free to charge what the machine's actual production cost is-along with usual profit margin of course.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.