Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: New to the forum... my first Two-Stroke after 6 four-strokes! Need some feedback  (Read 6310 times)

Offline motoman356

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
New to the forum... my first Two-Stroke after 6 four-strokes! Need some feedback
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 04:16:37 AM »
i shorty is a must have on a 125 but for a 250 a shorty would only benefit the bottom end and if you were riding tight sx style tracks. a turbine core2 would be better for outdoor riding.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline theoutlawkenny

• View Profile
New to the forum... my first Two-Stroke after 6 four-strokes! Need some feedback
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 07:57:19 PM »
nice bike bro i hve a cr 250 04 model ..  :D

Offline msmola2002

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2012, 10:12:09 PM »
http://piperepair.com/index.htm have not used them - had a banged up pipe but found a take off oem rather cheap so can't vouch for them.

Offline HondaRider116

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2012, 11:33:39 PM »
http://piperepair.com/index.htm have not used them - had a banged up pipe but found a take off oem rather cheap so can't vouch for them.

Exactly, like you I'm going to try to find a decent shape OEM pipe or maybe an aftermarket system for cheap

Offline HondaRider116

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 04:31:29 AM »
Here is the progress so far. MUCH cleaner than before, took it essentially down to the frame and scrubbed everything spotless. Slapped on some new Bridgestone M402's, installed the '09 CRF number plate from my old 450 (looks alot better than the boring square plate in my opinion) and there's more parts i'm awaiting as well. Still have to grind the rust off the header.

upload pictures

Offline 2STROKEREVOLUTION

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 11:34:45 PM »
In my opinion, it is worth getting a FMF pipe just for the shear fact that the OEM Jap pipes are ugly. It will give you 95% of the looks of a Factory, all of the functionality and none of the maintenance. I would guess it gives more power than the stock pipe, or different power. Just a guess, the pipe shown on Laracco's might just be a custom pipe made by Honda. Unless you have something saying it is stock.

Other than that, VForce reeds could help. The Woody Woodpecker graphics would be sick. I always wanted a CR250 with those.

Offline HondaRider116

• Novice
    • View Profile
Update! Always glad to receive a box of new stuff for the bike  ;D

picture sharing

This is the old stock throttle tube ... Don't know how I didn't notice while riding

photo hosting sites

Did something about the rusty OEM pipe. Dad giving me a hand in this one

picture hosting

Finally grinded and sanded the rust off (Did even a little more sanding after this pic was taken). Some fresh gaskets and springs, why not

picture hosting

A couple coats of matte stock-looking heat resistant paint

images

Wow, it looks like it just came off the showroom floor  :D

And finally some fresh graphics from DecalWorks! TSM.com logo on the air box  8)

photo hosting

Offline KXPegger

• Novice
    • View Profile
Wow! I've never seen a throttle tube that bad before! Two strokes require more braking, shifting and work overall but they are competitive against four strokes with twice the displacement! I own two strokes and four strokes but seem to be on the two strokes more often! Welcome aboard!
"05" RMZ450, "07" RM250. "08" Service Honda KX500AF, "11" KTM450SX-F

Offline HondaRider116

• Novice
    • View Profile
Wow! I've never seen a throttle tube that bad before! Two strokes require more braking, shifting and work overall but they are competitive against four strokes with twice the displacement! I own two strokes and four strokes but seem to be on the two strokes more often! Welcome aboard!

Thanks KXPegger! I'm loving the bike so far, I did notice that is more work and does throw me around much more only being 150pounds (I still have to set my suspension up), but it makes me go harder on the track, definitely a bike that suits me

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
Looks great, thanks for the TSM love! :)

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
Nice work man that looks real nice
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Congrats on the clean cr250 find, there,s a few out there yet. I know a local expert who has 3 cr250,s. The rider and his dad say the rad valve has a good low to mid increase, much better than the vforce which is better than stock. He runs a stock cylinder. I would get a pc pipe, most use the shorty silencer to gain low to mid quickness, the rad valve will give ya alot more low to mid than a shorty thow.  You could go with pc,s McGrath replica porting, with traction it,s a 450 killer they say. The stock cr like a mix of race fuel, squish band is a little off. Throttle jockey make the retro graghics, 1986 des nations, 1995 1-800-collect,etc. I think the stock graphics look great.