Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Four Stroke is two too many for Maico.  (Read 4859 times)

Offline SubTexel

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: Four Stroke is two too many for Maico.
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 02:32:12 PM »
Maico (VIncent Page) is one of three companies that has emailed me back personally to say that he supported this petition and twostrokemx.com 100%. Spy and ProMotoFan were the others. I will post a list of all the ones I have contacted tomorrow. I think we should all send it to as many companies as we can think of.

I'm surprised FMF hasn't replied back yet, they're about the only ones for aftermarket pipes that still support the 2 stroke (PC is about as pro 4 as they come).

Also, do you happen to have the link to the DirtRider blog Jimmy wrote? In my conversations with him he was pretty adamant about being on the 4 stroke band wagon beyond saying if he could only have one bike it'd be a 125 MXer... (I tried keeping the conversation neutral and cordial, but he did mention that people are being too militant about 2 strokes...). I had a much more positive conversation with Pete Peterson, he was more open minded and you could have an intelligent conversation without all the self absorption getting in the way (I will give it to Jimmy that he was pretty busy but not knowing the guy or reading his stuff up until meeting him I got the impression right away...).

Edit: http://blogs.dirtrider.com/6671560/editorial/promote-the-two-stroke/index.html

Found it.

Also, who @ MXA did you e-mail? Jody is the one to hit up there... John Basher is a quick second.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 02:35:02 PM by SubTexel »

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 08:22:06 PM »

Also, do you happen to have the link to the DirtRider blog Jimmy wrote? In my conversations with him he was pretty adamant about being on the 4 stroke band wagon beyond saying if he could only have one bike it'd be a 125 MXer... (I tried keeping the conversation neutral and cordial, but he did mention that people are being too militant about 2 strokes...). I had a much more positive conversation with Pete Peterson, he was more open minded and you could have an intelligent conversation without all the self absorption getting in the way (I will give it to Jimmy that he was pretty busy but not knowing the guy or reading his stuff up until meeting him I got the impression right away...).

[/quote]One thing I'd like to say about Jimmy Lewis is after subscribing to Dirt Rider for about 28 yrs. is that I've realiized how much of a hypocrite he is.For instance you say that  he said if he could only have one bike it'd be a 125 MXer but in a 2009 issue of his mag he quoted that 2-strokes are dead yet in the very same issue exactly sixty four pages later he praised the KTM-250xc 2-stroke going as far as saying that the 250xc is his favorite one-bike-does-it-all! That certainly is'nt the first time ol' Jimmy has contraindicated himself when it comes to 2-strokes & 4-strokes.Trust me I beleive you when you say that he would go with a 125 MXer but Jimmy has said alot of different things & just can't seem to truly make up his ADD riddled mind...!!! :-\

Offline SubTexel

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 09:41:27 PM »
One thing I'd like to say about Jimmy Lewis is after subscribing to Dirt Rider for about 28 yrs. is that I've realiized how much of a hypocrite he is.For instance you say that  he said if he could only have one bike it'd be a 125 MXer but in a 2009 issue of his mag he quoted that 2-strokes are dead yet in the very same issue exactly sixty four pages later he praised the KTM-250xc 2-stroke going as far as saying that the 250xc is his favorite one-bike-does-it-all! That certainly is'nt the first time ol' Jimmy has contraindicated himself when it comes to 2-strokes & 4-strokes.Trust me I beleive you when you say that he would go with a 125 MXer but Jimmy has said alot of different things & just can't seem to truly make up his ADD riddled mind...!!! :-\

Yeah, I felt he kind of did a cop out when he said that, I didn't even ask him lol.

I asked why he put this together (the KTM150SX vs 250SXF) and what when he expected to have the results published, not that I was complaining and he went on about the "crazy 2 stroke guys" and kind of went on a very short rant and tried to assure me that he was for 2 strokes but that ship had sailed... All a bunch of information I never even asked for or even cared to know about. It was as if he was trying to reassure me of something I could care less about or didn't even ask for haha. Then of course at the very end he threw the whole 125 mxer thing in.

I've gotten straight answers from other editors in DirtRider in person, and even more from MXA editors but Jimmy seems to change his answers to what he THINKS the person he's talking to wants to hear, which in my case was way off base and not even really something he needed to go and try to explain to me.

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 06:46:01 PM »

Yeah, I felt he kind of did a cop out when he said that, I didn't even ask him lol.

I asked why he put this together (the KTM150SX vs 250SXF) and what when he expected to have the results published, not that I was complaining and he went on about the "crazy 2 stroke guys" and kind of went on a very short rant and tried to assure me that he was for 2 strokes but that ship had sailed... All a bunch of information I never even asked for or even cared to know about. It was as if he was trying to reassure me of something I could care less about or didn't even ask for haha. Then of course at the very end he threw the whole 125 mxer thing in.

I've gotten straight answers from other editors in DirtRider in person, and even more from MXA editors but Jimmy seems to change his answers to what he THINKS the person he's talking to wants to hear, which in my case was way off base and not even really something he needed to go and try to explain to me.
Not to make this into a bitch about Jimmy Lewis thing but I'm glad I'm NOT the only person to notice his hypocrisy!