Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Interesting thread on vitalmx forum  (Read 3247 times)

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
Re: Interesting thread on vitalmx forum
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 11:04:08 AM »
Because pro's don't know how to ride 250 two strokes anymore. They never even get a chance to ride a 125 most of the time which is a huge learning tool for two stroke big bikes. Bring one of those guys up on a smoker and he will blow the competition away.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline keeptwostrokesalive

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 04:47:48 PM »
Because pro's don't know how to ride 250 two strokes anymore. They never even get a chance to ride a 125 most of the time which is a huge learning tool for two stroke big bikes. Bring one of those guys up on a smoker and he will blow the competition away.
I commented when it came up and said the exact same thing you said.  Also i think the tracks are being made to suit the four strokes now making it hard for a two stroke to compete.  That is one thing mike sleeter stated after he tried to qualify for hangtown last year.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 05:58:41 PM by keeptwostrokesalive »

Offline dk

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 05:51:13 PM »
I commented when it came up and sayed the exact same thing you said.  Also i think the tracks are being made to suit the four strokes now making it hard for a two stroke to compete.  That is one thing mike sleeter stated after he tried to qualify for hangtown last year.

I can buy making a supercross track more 4$ friendly because they are building the track from the ground up but motocross tracks have been around for a long time.  What are some of the changes that you have noticed outdoors?

Offline keeptwostrokesalive

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 06:01:02 PM »
I commented when it came up and sayed the exact same thing you said.  Also i think the tracks are being made to suit the four strokes now making it hard for a two stroke to compete.  That is one thing mike sleeter stated after he tried to qualify for hangtown last year.

I can buy making a supercross track more 4$ friendly because they are building the track from the ground up but motocross tracks have been around for a long time.  What are some of the changes that you have noticed outdoors?
I personally have not noticed any changes, but after trying to qualify for hangtown last year mike sleeter said that the track and ruts are better fit for the four strokes making it hard to qualify.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 07:42:46 PM »
2Ts aren't having any problems in the offroad events.

Offline chump6784

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 07:57:24 PM »
i think it is the way the track ruts up and the different lines that are formed suit the 4 strokes as there are more on the track. if you threw 1 four stroke on the track at a 2 stroke only event they would probably say the same thing

Offline dk

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 10:08:42 PM »
i think it is the way the track ruts up and the different lines that are formed suit the 4 strokes as there are more on the track. if you threw 1 four stroke on the track at a 2 stroke only event they would probably say the same thing
Good point!

Offline MXLord327

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 05:42:40 AM »
Ruts in the corners definitely form differently on tracks with mostly 4 strokes.  That was one of the biggest differences I noticed when I started racing again in '06 after 20 years off.  When I raced as a teen in the early to mid '80's, there were never the 10-12" nearly vertical ruts in corners like there are now, the turns used to berm up more.  4$ts have so much more traction that even squids can pin it from the apex of the corner out, a 2st rider needs more skill and throttle control.  Plus the 2st can cut & thrust to the inside and blast out, where 4$t riders can't.

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 09:34:07 AM »
Yeah, and I have noticed that it hinders my line choice as well.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with