Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Unadilla update  (Read 8735 times)

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
Re: Unadilla update
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2010, 03:39:21 AM »
[quote author=John Nicholas link=topic=1116.msg12603#ms

With all that said, I had the immense pleasure of being introduced to Eyvind Boyesen at Unadilla. What an amazing man!

He offered to help us out. Now when someone offers to do something, sometimes they mean it and follow through and sometimes ... well it just doesn't work out.

Lucky for Project Two 50 Eyvind was not only a man of his word, but went above and beyond anything we could ever imagined or hoped for. Today Mike traveled down to his home (about a 4 hour drive) to do some testing. They spent the whole day making changes and tuning the bike.

[/quote]

Once project 250 is over and done with-whether months or years from now,this one event would have made the whole effort worthwile-looking back on it in a life experience sort of way-to me anyway.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 06:22:12 AM »
Yes,microblue is still being used.Last mishap was not do to the microblue or the fuel/oil mixture.You really need to try a microblued motor to believe it.

I agree, after reading what John posted I strongly believe lean jetting may have been the cause. But that's just "back seat tuning" since I've never even seen the bike in person ;D .
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 07:52:30 AM »
" Build it and they will come".

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 06:49:19 PM »
Thank you for all the support. It is appreciated.

Yes there will always be those who criticize. but think about that for a minute, it's easy to be critical of something. Even easier if you don't agree with what someone is doing ( say a 4 stroke fan that hates 2 strokes) which I'm sure that almost everyone here has run into either on the Internet or in person.

I could care less about those folks... they mean nothing to me. I do care about what I do and what I'm a part of and try to do my very best to accomplish the goals that I set for myself.

When you take on a project like this, there are many people that want to help and offer solutions. Sometimes that is a step in the right direction and sometimes it's three steps back... unfortunately when you are working within a budget and you are getting help from companies, you try to utilize all the good stuff that you can. But as I said before that can backfire... so you have to make decisions that don't always work out.

With all that said, I had the immense pleasure of being introduced to Eyvind Boyesen at Unadilla. What an amazing man!

He offered to help us out. Now when someone offers to do something, sometimes they mean it and follow through and sometimes ... well it just doesn't work out.

Lucky for Project Two 50 Eyvind was not only a man of his word, but went above and beyond anything we could ever imagined or hoped for. Today Mike traveled down to his home (about a 4 hour drive) to do some testing. They spent the whole day making changes and tuning the bike.

Eyvind ported a brand new cylinder and gave it to Mike, which is now on the bike. They tried many different combinations of reed valves, pipes, jetting and more. Mike said that Eyvind would listen to the bike and make suggestions for changes and each time the bike seems to get better.

They used a stop watch as the gold standard for each test. Now the track was something that was out-of-this-world, lap times over 3 minutes. Plus it's the same track that Hannah and many other motocross pros have tested on.

I don't know about you, but I think this is a step in the right direction.

Told you John! The two50 project can have wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So bad ass!! I am excited for you guys!!!
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline bearorso

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 11:28:00 PM »
Eyvind Boyeson.

Bloody Hell, this is what might be the icing on the cake.

I think he's almost up there with Walter Kaaden in two stroke R&D.

If he can't help the Project 250 engine get through the final barrier, no one else (in the states) can.

John, can you reveal why the piston / ports picked up at the inlet and exhaust? Us blokes out here with 2t experience can only go by what we've seen cause this. I assume you could end our various speculations, that we appear to have got wrong, about the causes.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 11:06:20 AM »
Holy crap that,s the key-the final tuner Eyvind Boyeson. His son  Dag  raced  the nationals, I talked with his wrench at Gainsville 97 natl., he was changing frames on the RM250 with 50 plus hp. They got 1 of La rocos spare frames from Decoster, since there pals. The  Rad Valve he designed  works alot better than the vforce.