Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: YZ and CR Evolution!  (Read 4863 times)

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
YZ and CR Evolution!
« on: April 07, 2010, 01:30:58 AM »
YZ Evolution

CR Evolution

PLease watch the videos until the end! LOL
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
Re: YZ and CR Evolution!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 04:05:45 PM »
I like how the YZ didn't change after about a billion years, after which point, it continued to stay the same!  It's amazing how much time has gone by, without any update at all except the sticker.  The fact that it is still more than competitive with the cutting edge (and flat-out superior if you want to talk 250F) is a powerful statement on the state of motocross technology.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 10:10:01 PM »
I like how the YZ didn't change after about a billion years, after which point, it continued to stay the same!  It's amazing how much time has gone by, without any update at all except the sticker.  The fact that it is still more than competitive with the cutting edge (and flat-out superior if you want to talk 250F) is a powerful statement on the state of motocross technology.
Agreed. You know, I think that if a lot of 450 riders took a 250 two stroke seriously, they would actually find themselves faster on the smoker
I'd rather be riding...

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 02:59:35 PM »
Well, if we could put some more-pointy plastic on the YZ250, and make the frame look bigger and more shiny, it would probably go a long way to getting people to accept the YZ be a little more mainstream.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 03:25:12 PM »
Well, if we could put some more-pointy plastic on the YZ250, and make the frame look bigger and more shiny, it would probably go a long way to getting people to accept the YZ be a little more mainstream.

If they built a new YZ 250 two stroke equipped with DFI and a whole new look..They will be sold out in a matters of minutes just like Metallica tickets.  :P
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.