Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Problems with my KTM mapping switch.  (Read 2527 times)

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
Problems with my KTM mapping switch.
« on: July 07, 2011, 11:04:40 PM »
 :( I just recently ordered a mapping switch for my 2011 KTM-300xc off of Jeff Slavens & I installed the switch as the directions said to & I even called Jeff Slavens to explain to me where the black/white & grey wires where on the bike as they were a bit hard for me to locate. After I found the 2 wires I plugged them in & tie strapped them along the other wires as directed & then I started my bike & when it finally started after 7 or 8 kicks,which is rare for my bike the bike ran idled like it was wide open! So then I shut it off & flipped the bar mounted mapping switch to the softer map setting & started it back up & it did the exact same thing! I was getting a little worried that the Bauer ignition map switch I bought was'nt made for the "11" 300xc or else I somehow installed it improperly! Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated because I'm really tempted to take to switch off & set my bike up the way it was!................... :-\

Offline metal_miracle

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with my KTM mapping switch.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 06:47:34 AM »
what happened hen i was fiddling whit the map switch i mad the gas wire jump of on the carb sticking the throttle

anyway on my sx250 the wires was under the gas tank a round white connector

Offline Dirt Addict

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 09:22:40 AM »
yup, it sounds like you lifted the throttle cable and it caught on the top of the carb where it enters the slide cover. lift up gently on the cable just above the carb and wiggle it a little as you seat the cable back in. no big deal. nothing to do with the mapping switch.

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 11:23:58 AM »
Thanks guys I'm going out to do that right now.I'll let ya know if it works out.... :)

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 12:00:56 PM »
 Thanks metal-miracle & dirt addict.I went out to my garage & although I knew the throttle cable was pulled out when I was installing the ignition map switch I pushed it back in however the throttle was still pulled wide open! If it was'nt for you guys I probably would'nt have realized that was the problem so thankyou guys for the help!!!       ;D