Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Idea Template Letter To AMA / Federations Who Dont Allow Fair Displacement Rule  (Read 2906 times)

Offline westyzkx

• Novice
  • Two Stroke Militia
    • View Profile
    • Toyboy Connection
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 07:05:57 PM by westyzkx »
www.toyboyconnection.com - online dating for younger men and older women

Offline Out of Order

• Expert
    • View Profile
Are you sure you want to send this to Honda? They might throw it away. I wouldn't know how Kawasaki would react to this. 

Offline westyzkx

• Novice
  • Two Stroke Militia
    • View Profile
    • Toyboy Connection
Are you sure you want to send this to Honda? They might throw it away. I wouldn't know how Kawasaki would react to this.  

I wasnt saying to send this exact one to honda / kawasaki, this ones for the federations - but yes I certainly do think that I would like to send this type of thing en-mass to Honda and Kawasaki, they made some amazing 2 stroke bikes in their time (I own a KX 250) and I wish they would start making them again.

Even if they never do it can't hurt to keep the pressure up as part of a campaign to get our point across all the  manufacturers and motorcycle bodies and magazines alike. The key to having the best chance of getting what we want is to be pro-active and not to just give up because 'they might throw it away' - you never know til you tried and yes it's easy to say 'why bother' but I know that attitude wont get us off the starting blocks.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 08:48:33 PM by westyzkx »
www.toyboyconnection.com - online dating for younger men and older women

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
Great letter. We need to get this sent out as soon as possible, and continually follow up progress on the issue so that it isn't forgotten about. Also, sending a modified letter to manufacturers would also be a great idea to let them know that people do want two strokes, and demand will dramatically increase with a fairness in the rules returning. MOTOCROSS IS TWO STROKE !!!!!!
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline ferrahount

• Junior
    • View Profile
I think we shall do something to make the sport authorities and factories listen to ourselves, show them our feelings and ideas of what we believe must be done. This shall be done in a respectfull manner and I believe this letter is a good example. I agree that this letter is for the authorities and sanctioning bodies (AMA, FIM, ...).
We shall make also a letter for the companies that dropped the two stroke and also for the ones that still believe in them to show them our support (and more important to show them that we are willing to buy their two stroke bikes)
I have sent recently (two days ago) an email to the FIM asking for the changes in MX regulations they announced two years ago, in which they will set the same displacement limits regardless of engine type (MX2 250cc 2 & 4 strokes for example) for 2010 seasson. And their answer disappointed me. They will not change a word about bikes technical regulations for 2010. So it seems the money of the big companies is playing a more important role than ourselves. Sad.
My heart beats every cycle, so does my bike!