Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: This is what we're up against  (Read 2896 times)

Offline Chris2T

• Expert
    • View Profile
This is what we're up against
« on: March 03, 2010, 09:52:50 AM »
http://motocross.transworld.net/1000091360/videos/catching-up-with-nate-adams-3/

Midway through the interview he dishes some real dirt on the 2 strokes. Pretty damaging stuff, considering it's young kids who generally make up the majority of Transworld readership, and they are the future of motocross.

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: This is what we're up against
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 10:34:31 AM »
Everyone is still comparing the 450F's to 250 2 strokes. Only reason.  Don't worry, ask and thou shall receive.  http://www.pronmx.com/pronmx_schedule
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline meger z

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 10:41:22 AM »
until Nate Adams can do a double back flip on a 4t then he s just talking crap Travis on the rm 250 has raised the bar so high that they are all gonna be running for the 4t excuse .  

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 12:08:09 PM »
This is what happens when you pay someone to ride a bike.... it simple....

In FMX, what will end up happening is that all the newest, most amazing tricks will be done using the two-strokes... then the four-strokes will disappear from FMX...

Just saying... ;D
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 12:26:23 PM »
Also, just imagine sitting under a 4 stroke in the foam pit they jump into...  Nice and Caliente
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 01:12:15 PM »
There's only one four-stroke that I think belongs in FMX and that's the Harley XR1200!

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 04:16:57 PM »
Hey Guys,

When you listen to this stuff, you have to keep in mind that he's sitting there being interviewed by MR. Kool Aid himself, for SpamWorld MowerCross...

That diaper's always bulging with a full load of the 4 stroke agenda, whatever that is at the time. They've been pushing the porky pokies for most of a decade now, and I hope they continue to push 4 stokes even as the world begins to tire of MowerCross hype in general, that way they'll end up behind the curve and looking stupid.

SpamWorld MowerCross is pretty slick about the way they push KoolAid. They don't come right out and say things directly, because that's how objective comparisons get started and that's the last thing you need when you're leading baby elephants like some of the latest 450's onto the auction block and trying to sell them, with last year's herd of baby elephants still crowding the showroom floors nationwide! Instead they wage their battle for public opinion through clever associations. Faced with the possible 250 2T=250 4T rule change for the pro classes last year, they sought out Jason Lawrence and asked him their usual battery of leading questions, and he expressed that he favoured the 250 2T. Jason L is a super talented rider no doubt, but my thought is that Spamworld Mowercross sought him out and used him as something negative to associate with 250 2T. Now, we have Nate Adams telling us that "The 4 strokes are just better bikes... Newer, Better Technology.... They feel better even just sitting on them.... And turning wise... Well, for me anyway..." That's a bunch of non-comitted advertising spam fluff if I ever did hear some... But it's the perfect angle if you want a feature in SpamWorld MowerCross.

Thanks,

Jim

« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 02:00:00 AM by Suzuki TS250/185 »
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline meger z

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 01:41:28 AM »
well said Jim iv never liked SPAM WORLD MOWERCROSs  ;) ;)