Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Local yamaha shop  (Read 7316 times)

Offline beaner

• Junior
    • View Profile
Local yamaha shop
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2012, 06:34:57 PM »
From the latest dirt bike magazine 250f shootout

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »
Ontario, Canada

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
Local yamaha shop
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2012, 12:12:21 AM »
MXA is telling bollocks on their dyno charts. They claim they got almost 42 ponies out of the SX250F.

2 stroke value is going UP dudes!!
Look at the value of a used smoker...  they keep climbing.  Yes the supply is getting smaller, but the demand for smokers is strong, and getting stronger...  I know of several guys (staunch 4 stroke guys) that are looking at picking up a smoker.  They claim its as a 2nd bike...  sure it is...  I foresee them picking up something, rebuilding it and then unloading the stroker... 

Don't you mean they will TRY to unload the stroker? :D

Offline chump6784

• Expert
    • View Profile
Local yamaha shop
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2012, 12:41:58 AM »
Dirt Bike magazine must have got a good husky, MXA and motorcycle-usa both complain about the husky having weak power. The rest of the bikes are all relative to each other though. strange

The yamaha is still at the bottom of the class though. No wonder there are still 2011 models sitting on dealer floors, the only other mfg i have seen with that problem over here is husky

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
Local yamaha shop
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2012, 02:33:26 AM »
But still, if there was any 250F I would buy, it would be the husky. If I had the money to buy and maintain a 250F then I could also afford to get enough engine work done on it to make it bark. I believe that if you put in on a diet and cranked up the ponies, you'd have the best 250F out there. Why? The red head. Look how small and light the engine is! Look how long it is in the chassis! Lower centre of gravity. I think it would be the closest thing you could get to two stroke handling.

Offline bearorso

• Expert
    • View Profile
Local yamaha shop
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2013, 08:53:26 AM »
Dirt Bike magazine must have got a good husky, MXA and motorcycle-usa both complain about the husky having weak power. The rest of the bikes are all relative to each other though. strange

The yamaha is still at the bottom of the class though. No wonder there are still 2011 models sitting on dealer floors, the only other mfg i have seen with that problem over here is husky

See the text exposed  in the bottom of that Graph picture: "It needs more motor, pure and simple". That's in reference to the Husky. As is the "very low expectations".

As for the shop 'sending back their 4 Strokes'. The US, or where ever it was,  must have very different / flexible 'Floor Plans', to other places, for a dealer to be able to return bikes. Whatever the reality, I'd say the dealer lost a fair bit of money, returning them. Poor blighters. Unless Yamaha were transferring them to a dealer(s) that needed them.

I just had a mate of mine, read the thing about only 2ts being in the showroom. He offered another take on it. That being, " well, they are sitting on the showroom floor, 'cause they can't sell them". Be wary - what we 2t 'preferrers' tend to come out with, can often be thrown right back at us............. I don't agree with him, but he did point out that things can be interpreted very differently, depending on ones viewpoint.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
Local yamaha shop
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2013, 11:25:40 AM »
My local dealer still has a 2010 YZ250F in stock. Brand new, never run. They got an 08 YZ250 in a trade, it was sold inside the week. Your buddy is either stupid, ignorant or both. Two strokes sell faster, blind freddy can see that.

Offline bearorso

• Expert
    • View Profile
Local yamaha shop
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2013, 05:05:47 PM »
Your buddy is either stupid, ignorant or both. Two strokes sell faster, blind freddy can see that.

I'd not argue with that, at times  :D.

Probably since bugger all are now produced as full sized bikes. Other than KTMs - the head of KTM has openly stated that the EXC 300 is their single, biggest selling model ( well, Austrian produced model - the  India produced 125 /200 Dukes would sell more, by now, just in India /Asia alone, I'd say) bike.

But, as I wrote, there are plenty of ways to interpret that "no 4ts on the showroom floor" type of statement.

And a lot of 4t 'Huggers', will think just the way as my mate said it. Mind you, He, was certainly saying it in a rather sarcastic tone.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
Local yamaha shop
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2013, 11:11:12 PM »
Honestly I sometimes feel sorry for four stroke buyers. Poor bastards that swallowed all the hype like mothers milk, jumped on the four stroke freight train and bought a brand new stroker. Then they get told that their bike is for all intents and purposes vastly inferior to something that another bloke paid and continues to pay ALOT less for? I can understand them wanting to defend their purchase. That must hurt.