Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Title for a dirtbike?  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Braap257

• Expert
    • View Profile
Title for a dirtbike?
« on: June 25, 2010, 07:31:48 PM »
Hi I live in Florida and am looking at buying a used 2002 YZ250 from a guy on craigslist. He says he has a title in hand. But i wasnt aware these things had them. So my question is... How is the title transferred over? Does he just sign it over to me? I wouldnt figure you would go to the DMV or something like that being as its a non-Licensed bike. Thanks for the info guys...

Offline socalcajun

• Expert
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.
    • View Profile
Re: Title for a dirtbike?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 07:44:32 PM »
Here in CA. Braap257 the titles are transfered just like any other vehicle. Check with your DMV but the seller and yourself will have to fill out the transfer portion of the title which is usually attached as a supplemental form of the title itself. If it has a title than yes you will have to go to the DMV and transfer and register it into your name. Please do this because I have been stuck paying registrations on bikes i sold. Make sure the seller fills out what should a release of liability as well. Hope this helps.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell Out of the Way

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
Re: Title for a dirtbike?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 07:47:21 PM »
Yep they've had titles for dirtbikes for as long as I can remember, not that I've had many with titles  ;D title transfer should be same as any other vehicle, ie. car, boat, trailer, etc...
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days