Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Leatt Brace  (Read 9092 times)

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
Leatt Brace
« on: March 16, 2011, 06:33:52 AM »
I was wondering if anyone has seen any satistics if neck injurys have gone down scence the wide spred use of the brace and others. I know when we started using the brace they were showing stats from cart racing and how neck injurys went down when the made the use of a brace maditory. It was David Baileys video about the brace that changed my mind, I made my son watch it also.
Motocross is a real sport all the rest are just games

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
Re: Leatt Brace
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 09:39:10 AM »
Summer 08 I crashed off a table top and messed my neck up. Nerve spasms or something I don't really remember what the doctor said... I had a concussion too. I had to wait to get a cast off my wrist to get a job to buy a leatt before my mom would let me ride again. Since then I've had absolutely no collarbone or neck injuries through many various crashes... One of them resulted in another concussion. I don't even notice it while I ride. First time testing it, I forgot I had it on after two corners.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 09:58:30 AM »
i landed on my had ,i had the leatt brace on

the next second i was on the bike

defently A+++

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 10:54:08 AM »
I wear one.... Ive gotten to were I dont feel right riding without one.

2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 11:15:07 AM »
I wear one.... Ive gotten to were I dont feel right riding without one.

I've gotten so comfortable with it, I dont notice if I've got it on or not. I've spent hours making it fit perfect  :D
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 11:32:59 AM »
I know a couple years ago on his 85 he cross rutted a jump and face planted at full speed . He was a mess broken googles and viser but his neck was ok he said he could feel it working.

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 12:04:19 PM »
I have one but never wear it.  It's for motocross, not trail riding.  Would make it harder to duck under log hanging trees.
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline RideRedMx2

• Expert
  • HRC FACTORY RACING
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000301824082&ref=profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 03:01:12 PM »
I wear the Leatt,have since they came out....Never had any real problems with it from day 1.I personally dont need any documentation to make me wear it,i feel that i will be safer with it on than not.I'm old and im all about the protection these days......     ;D

Honda CR-250R #2.....Vet Class
CycleNation Powersports...Cycle Center Of Denton...HRC Factory Racing

Offline ktm150rippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 03:09:41 PM »
I've tried the leatt and it just feels to restrictive, I'm deff gonna go with the alpinestars bionic
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 05:28:30 PM by ktm150rippa »

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 05:00:30 PM »
I think thats good as long as you use something we tried a neck roll first but he would not use it. He would go to the starting line with it on and when he came around it was off. He likes the leatt.

Offline TxTechRedRider

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 06:04:55 PM »
I tried the leatt on in the cycle gear shop just two days ago, fit pretty good,
but the alpinestar (white one) seemed to fit me better,
seems the small fit better because the back part was against the center of my back
Is that how they fit?
07 Honda Cr125.   
Petition signer #61

Offline socalcajun

• Expert
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 06:46:55 PM »
One thing you'll never find regarding neck braces is imperical data.  In order to get that kind of data your test and control groups would have to launch themselves into a neck breaking crash.  Whose ready to sign up for that gig?  I have yet to get one but once finances allow be sure I will be sporting the best that fits my bulging neck muscles.  Ere on the side on caution.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell Out of the Way

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 05:42:40 AM »
I tried a neck roll, too restrictive, got an older model Lheatte with the KX125, haven't tried it on, I ride trails, so I think it would still be too restrictive. But I'll give it a go if I can remember to get it out.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline George

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 07:59:45 AM »
I ride with a foamy neck roll, cant quite stretch to a leatt or alpinestar yet, but i only found it restrictive when i wear it in practise or warm up at races, because i tend to go slow and look at the track for the best lines, when im racing im too busy trying to go fast to notice it :P oh and as yet i havent broken my neck so i can guess that it works ;)

Offline Watson777

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 02:20:24 PM »
I have been wearing a Leatt for about 4 years. I can't even get on my bike with out it. i wear it on the track in the woods and on my snowmobile! It has saved my ass a number of times. About 2 years ago I had a terrible crash and broke my back right where the leatt rests against my spine. It also messed up my collar bones but all in all I was fine with it. I would hate to have seen what the outcome would have been had I not been wearing it. Note to self, don't be in such a hurry to pass everyone on the first lap and stupid crashes can generally be avoided!

As far as the A-star brace goes, I dont like it at all. It feels bulky and in the way plus I can't wear my chest protector with it