Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Kayaba A Kit suspension... mmmm yummy!  (Read 6710 times)

Offline KXwestYZ

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: Kayaba A Kit suspension... mmmm yummy!
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 04:40:07 PM »
I hope you can get a helmet cam for when he competes on the bike - it will make each race easy to follow  :D

also you said it doesnt sound like a 2 stroke - what does it sound like?! lol
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 02:48:34 AM by KXwestYZ »

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 04:58:43 PM »
Offroader, we miss you!

It would have been great for you to take a spin on the bike... as for the suspension, it's not quite as stiff as you would think.

Mike was hitting bumps that under normal conditions would have thrown the bike into a sideways swap... the suspension bounced straight! It was amazing! The awesomeness of the suspension is in it's ability to soak up the small stuff like it's not there all the way through absorbing impacts that you would think it would bottom out harshly on.

KXwestYZ  I didn't say that it didn't sound like a two-stroke, I said it didn't sound like a 250 two-stroke... it sounds big, bad and mean!

Oh yeah, the smell is heavenly!! We are using Amsoil... I refuse to tell the ratio we are using.. you'll think we're crazy or something!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline offroader

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 08:11:56 PM »
John,I miss you guys also.I can't wait to see Mikes speed on this set up.I might be back soon will keep you guys posted.

Gotta love that oil ratio! :P

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 10:36:36 PM »
Offroader, we miss you!

It would have been great for you to take a spin on the bike... as for the suspension, it's not quite as stiff as you would think.

Mike was hitting bumps that under normal conditions would have thrown the bike into a sideways swap... the suspension bounced straight! It was amazing! The awesomeness of the suspension is in it's ability to soak up the small stuff like it's not there all the way through absorbing impacts that you would think it would bottom out harshly on.

KXwestYZ  I didn't say that it didn't sound like a two-stroke, I said it didn't sound like a 250 two-stroke... it sounds big, bad and mean!

Oh yeah, the smell is heavenly!! We are using Amsoil... I refuse to tell the ratio we are using.. you'll think we're crazy or something!
Haha i'm guessing 20/1 that wouldn't be crazy at all

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2010, 01:49:51 AM »
While we are guessing, I am gonna say - 60:1. Due to the fact that the new MICRO BLUE bearings you are using are so good. This would also allow leaner jets which you also mentioned as you essentially have more fuel.

:D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 01:51:38 AM by SwapperMX »
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2010, 03:28:59 AM »
While we are guessing, I am gonna say - 60:1. Due to the fact that the new MICRO BLUE bearings you are using are so good. This would also allow leaner jets which you also mentioned as you essentially have more fuel.

Actually we had to go much richer on the jets.... and the bike is still running a bit rich!

No one has guessed the ratio yet.  :P

Hey Offroader, give me a call later. Are you coming home soon? We are headed down to PA on Tuesday to dyno the bike and then stopping at Boyesen for the "nickel" tour!
Life is short.

Offline admiral

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 03:52:04 AM »
80:1 or 100:1.

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2010, 05:06:07 AM »

Actually we had to go much richer on the jets.... and the bike is still running a bit rich!

No one has guessed the ratio yet.  :P

Hey Offroader, give me a call later. Are you coming home soon? We are headed down to PA on Tuesday to dyno the bike and then stopping at Boyesen for the "nickel" tour!

I could tell them, but then have to shoot them all. LOL.  Top Secret.  Ok, yeah John told me.  

Anyways, Can't wait for the dyno results.  Can't wait  til you head to Dallas.

John  not understanding the we are rich so we can go richer comment???  If you are rich you go leaner,if you are lean you go richer to get a perfect air/fuel mixture.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 05:07:46 AM by miedosoracing »
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline KTMguy

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2010, 05:10:04 AM »
75:1

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2010, 05:20:53 AM »
John  not understanding the we are rich so we can go richer comment???  If you are rich you go leaner,if you are lean you go richer to get a perfect air/fuel mixture.

Huh???

What I meant to say is that we are currently at a richer main jet than stock. That is with the current mix ratio, but we are going leaner on the mixture... heading into uncharted territory. While heading in this direction it's best if we stay just a little "fat" until we have the readings we need to move forward.

That's why I said that we were about 80% there.

Hopefully that's as clear as mud! LOL
Life is short.

Offline offroader

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2010, 05:25:06 AM »
John,unfortunately not that soon. :( Maybe on the 5th.Waiting to see what happens.Might be moved to another location.I will give you a call tonight.

Miedos you wouldn't have to shoot them all if you gave out the ratio. :D