Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Guyb what a funny guy. LOL  (Read 1733 times)

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
Guyb what a funny guy. LOL
« on: September 17, 2010, 02:44:05 PM »
"I'm (regarding?) The boutique brands? There are reasons why they haven't made it here, whether it's quality, performance, dealer network, or customer preference. I'm not sure that building small (or large) two-strokes will make a difference to any of them.

In the meantime? Kudos to Yamaha and KTM for keeping the smaller two-strokes around."

Umm, when you can't race because of rules that aren't even written anywhere, like 400 units?  Has anyone ever seen this golden rule on paper?  Atleast some people have pics of the great Big Foot be them fake or whatever. In the pro rulebook of mine, it only states that the bike has to pass ProAMA's approval and the OEM has to apply for it.  Not anything about units produced etc.  It took calling out DC to get what number they came up with for the current season. Although they let the OEM's ship the bikes after they raced the season. LOL.  But the fact that bikes like the Aprilia 450F illegal to race in ProAMA, have nothing to do with why they aren't popular here. Nothing.  ;)  

"I get all the arguments. I don't really have a problem with most of them except when people think that 250 two-strokes should race 250 four-strokes."
You know, because they are like 3 seconds a lap faster and all. Ha ha  How much faster is the 450F's per lap?  Those 250 2 strokes should be whipping all over the 450F's  8)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 02:55:46 PM by miedosoracing »
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Guyb what a funny guy. LOL
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 04:37:48 PM »
I just finished reading that thread and it's abit funny. Not in a good way. ::)
As a non "American" I feel sorry for you 2 stroke fans.
People saying get over it etc is ignorant.
The rest of the world has wised up to the fact of the spiraling costs of racing.
NZ & Aussie now have cc for cc and alot of europe are following suit. At national level not just club.
With the success of the FIM 125 championship I can see it growing and growing. 8)
The world juniors being 2 stroke only as well the tide is changing.
Hopefully very soon we will see the 125's brought back into the MXDN and with the majority of countries running 125 classes the Americans will be at a disadvantage. I think it could happen very soon.
Hopefully for you guy's it might spur the AMA into doing something about the current situation.

In the mean time keep up the good fight.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 04:17:08 AM »
In the old days, I understand the production rule.  It kept things a little safer and kept companies like Honda from ruling everything, just because of off made products.  But look at the world championships now. It doesn't have anything that far out there like that. No new front ends that look like mouse traps. It is very good racing.  The FIM is so far ahead in many aspects. Sound, is one that is just plain stupid on the US part.  Like  you stated, the 125 class.  Many many things that just makes me look at people at the top here in the US, and shake my head.  But look at the Desnations.  It isn't like the European bikes are brought to that race and just kill the american race team, because they have a 2 cylinder 450F.  And they wonder why people like the guy did at the IRS here, and flew his plane into the IRS building because he was so pissed. Why we have the Tea party. Why many things are here. Because it sometimes is just plain stupid how things are run, so you have to do something off the wall to make them open their eyes.

By the way,  I see a war brewing between the US and World Championship. Both are currently taking jabs at eachother.  The whole Glen Helen thing is playing out, and I wonder how it will end. What they need to do is go back to the 125 250 and open classes for the world championships and Desnations. That would really screw the US up.  they would be racing all year on a normal 250F etc and all of a sudden either be forced to race a 125 2 stroke that they aren't ready for, change their rules finally, or would bypass the race. Popcorn anyone.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 04:48:00 AM by miedosoracing »
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 11:38:34 AM »
Getting juicy over there. FIM and ProAMA have a contract. I'm wondering who is gonna win on the date. I'm thinking the USGP has been scheduled for an existing amount of time, thus, the ProAMA Sept 11th date may have to be switched. But Engine Ice Dave thinks the ProAMA is gonna win the battle because it is home turf. Just will be interesting for each sides reasoning they should be winner of that date....  I do know Pala was announced later for that date.
www.miedosoracing.com