Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Unadilla is underway. Please keep us updated here !!!  (Read 9746 times)

Offline keeptwostrokesalive

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Unadilla is underway. Please keep us updated here !!!
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2010, 04:20:34 PM »
Im telling you it was honda  :P

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2010, 04:41:26 PM »
Im telling you it was honda  :P

They probably spent big bucks on a custom made one of a kind Project Two50 Voodoo doll  >:(
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline Chris2T

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2010, 05:25:43 PM »
We have to improve the lines of communication during race day, these long delays wondering what happened are killing me  :D

My guess is that the engine grenaded. Not surprising when you're testing a new technology, totally expected actually. Most engineering firms test new technology in a shop somewhere. TSM is testing it out on the field!!

Anyway, i think they are doing an outstanding job in the face of incredible adver$ity

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2010, 07:49:35 PM »
Mike wasn,t injured when the bike seized right. They,ll fix the problem and move forward. I went on allisports last night, to see a clip from the 2-st. race,there wasn,t anything on the site yet. So I  clicked on achives and watched the 1st 250f moto from Unadilla, the track looked great alot better than years ago,they added alot of dirt and some new stuff on the track. The racing in the 250 class was very good, so I watched Millville 1st moto also another great race, Poucel has a great riding style with his back injury he had  years ago his body doesn,t cool down correctly, the guys at the KTM shop know all the inside news on the pros, speed vision at millville showed the pc guys cooling him down,it,s got to be alot tougher battling  that and the other racers.

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2010, 07:36:00 AM »
One thing you guys should remember, is this bike was running at 200:1.  So I was a little worried about something like this.  Maybe they will have to go back to running around 100:1 or something, but that is still way way further than any of us run. I run 40:1.  So we will have to wait until John comes on and talks. But the first problem had 0 to do with being a 2 stroke.  It was a clutch cover that got broke from a rock or something.
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2010, 07:45:53 AM »
I will add one more comment.  This has been a full season without 1 2 stroke qualifying and even not making the 250F qualifying #'s in the 450F class (comparing qualifying lap times).  So this shows the MXsports and ProAMA that these current rules are not even close. Hopefully atleast they will seriously look at Burns petition with a possibility. With just a little more HP, maybe Mike could have made it???  Who knows, but it actually furthers the cause because he didn't make it. Along with others who have failed.  Failure isn't always a loss...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 07:58:10 AM by miedosoracing »
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline Chris2T

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2010, 08:57:54 AM »
I will add one more comment.  This has been a full season without 1 2 stroke qualifying and even not making the 250F qualifying #'s in the 450F class (comparing qualifying lap times).  So this shows the MXsports and ProAMA that these current rules are not even close. Hopefully atleast they will seriously look at Burns petition with a possibility. With just a little more HP, maybe Mike could have made it???  Who knows, but it actually furthers the cause because he didn't make it. Along with others who have failed.  Failure isn't always a loss...

3 things:

1) All the best riders are on 4 strokes. And the mediocre ones too. EVERYONE is on 4 strokes
2) The displacement handicap puts the 2 stroke at a solid disadvantage
3) There isn't one 250 2 stroke from the big manufacturers that is state-of-the-art . Even the KTM 250SX is using yesterday's suspension. The YZ250 hasn't had an engine upgrade in what, 8 years? Pathetic

Take away one of those negatives and you will have some 2 strokes winning. Take away two of those and you will regularly see 2 strokes on the podium. Take away all three and 2 strokes will dominate.

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2010, 09:01:17 AM »
Yeah 200:1 is asking for it no matter what oil and what engine you have I have never gone leaner then 32:1, using either Spectro SX or Maxima 927 ( for the smell ) pre-mix.

But either way sounds like a bad deal, I really hope they get it all figured out so MIke can hopefully make it in a national this year.

Ill be at Steel city watching!!!!

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2010, 10:57:03 AM »
I too plan to be at Steel City.  Lets hope they get this figured out and put the smoker in the main.
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2010, 11:30:55 AM »
I just want to make a quick post saying I spoke with John. The whole team is so upset and devastated after what happened that John needs to take a day or two before he has the heart to post again. As soon as he does, he will post up an update. Thanks for understanding folks.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Chris2T

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2010, 01:51:38 PM »
no matter what happened John is a HERO. That dude has almost single handedly given a voice to the entire 2 stroke movement. His team should be DAMN PROUD of what they are attempting to do. 

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2010, 02:07:29 PM »
Amen.Go get 'em next time guys 8)
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2010, 04:49:46 AM »
no matter what happened John is a HERO. That dude has almost single handedly given a voice to the entire 2 stroke movement. His team should be DAMN PROUD of what they are attempting to do. 

Yes I too was disapointed...  but Project Two 50 should be proud to fly the 2 stroke banner. And no doubt "His team should be DAMN PROUD of what they are attempting to do."

Amen to that...
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline TxTechRedRider

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2010, 04:58:05 PM »
John,

I know that there has been some enlighting on what happened this last weekend and I feel just as disappointed as everybody else that
something went wrong and you guys werent at full strength for the race.  I also understand your tentativeness about the whole thing, and not trying to push you, but could you please give us some information about what happened.  I stand with you guys in the hopes and dreams of you guys accomplishing the goals you set forth and I know its a touchy subject.  Please when you get time let us have it straight about what happened.  Requested sincerely.  As said by others here we are behind you guys 100%.  Long live the 2t.  If there is a silver lining about all of this I would gather that it was that Mike rode the practice bike and still almost qualified, that in itself, I think is amazing !!!

Todd
07 Honda Cr125.   
Petition signer #61