Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Chad Reed two stroke question?  (Read 7123 times)

Offline ktm150rippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
Chad Reed two stroke question?
« on: April 01, 2011, 11:50:45 PM »
Met Chad Reed tonight at DFW Honda the whole geico team was up there along with Canard and Reed and threw out a question to Reed for us 2 stroke guys and the answer kinda sucked. "Hey Chad how do you feel about two strokes?" he said, "well they're so fun to ride but I leave em' in the past too much work they four strokes now days are so good I love them" I was disappointed not to mention his demeanor was a little cocky for my liking. Oh well I told him I love them and that I ride the new 150sx he just kinda nodded. Canard was an awesome dude I requested a headwhip over the finish line if he wins, he said deff will do it lol.

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
Re: Chad Reed two stroke question?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 03:03:22 AM »
Bummer... But I hope Canard wins now!
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 05:12:51 AM »
Reed is a tool. I have never been a fan of his.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 06:26:36 AM »
Yea i never liked his attitude. It might well be his honest opinion...
But perhaps Honda pays him to say that, coz they don't manufacture 2 strokes anymore.

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 07:14:23 AM »
Man, Reed has $20,000 Honda transmissions in his new rides, he was faster on a 2 stroke, he is a douche, and never really had half the talent as Villipoto.
IMO he can suck it.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 08:07:24 PM »
Well, Canard won, did he pull out the head whip?? I really hope he did. I dont get to see the replay on tele until Friday night.
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 12:06:56 AM »
I hope he did it  ;D
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline ktm150rippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 08:56:40 AM »
no  :'(. He gooned a little bit in practice and the parade lap. Man the racing was soo awesome last night! Only thing I could have wished for was the smell of 2 strokes and the sound of 125's on the pipe!

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 06:04:18 PM »
You can't really blame Chad for saying that about 2stroke bikes. it's a reality, the modern 4 stroke 450's are faster and when you're a pro racer and it's you're job to win races then you gotta be on one.
 As for being bit cocky, i think being 2 time champ you could be a little cocky.

Offline chump6784

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 06:09:00 PM »
Not really surprised with his answer. Reed gets paid by winning and at the moment the best way to do that is on a 4 stroke. Maybe when/if direct injection comes in the two stroke may have a chance but the way it is now the 4 stroke is the easiest bike to go fast on. He said they were fun but not as easy to go fast on

Offline mullethead774

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 11:10:49 PM »
Do you really think he'd  give props to a machine his sponsor doesn't even make.  He did his job.  That's what they pay him for.
2 strokes & mullets forever

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 05:47:45 AM »
Do you really think he'd  give props to a machine his sponsor doesn't even make.  He did his job.  That's what they pay him for.

I don't think he's a tool because of what he said. I think he's a tool because...well he acts like a tool  :D . I have never been a fan of his.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline hack-man162

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 07:11:37 AM »

I don't think he's a tool because of what he said. I think he's a tool because...well he acts like a tool  :D . I have never been a fan of his.

I've thought that in the past, but this year he has mellowed out a bit.  I guess that's what happens when you've burned so many bridges you gotta fund your own effort.  Now, I actually like the guy.  Hope he doesn't revert back to the old excuse maker he used to be.

Offline mullethead774

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 09:38:20 AM »
He, as with Stewart, McGrath & the rest of the posers, lost all my respect when they signed supercross only deals.  He gained a bit back when he came back outdoors a couple years ago.  But not much.  I think they should have a grand national championship.  Indoors & outdoors combined.  What say you?
2 strokes & mullets forever

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2011, 06:00:40 PM »
Chad is going to win this championship. Everybody laughed when he didnt get a SX ride and here we are 12 rounds in and hes 8 points out of the lead. If Stewart didnt wiskey throttle into him last weekend he would probably still be the points leader. Chad is the man

And he was one bad dude on a YZ 250
2000 YZ 125 under construction