Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Custom KX 65 , how they should be.  (Read 2025 times)

Offline matified

• View Profile
Custom KX 65 , how they should be.
« on: June 11, 2012, 05:15:56 AM »
This is a build up I am doing for my nephew, I think Kawasaki should update the 65 to look like this.

The bike has custom billet wheels hubs and wheels running 15mm axles and three rear wheel bearings, billet linkage and adjustable pull rods, an aluminum swingarm, and GPX shock with 16 clicks rebound, 12 click and 2 turns of both hi and low speed compression adjustments , adds up to 9.5 inches of rear wheel travel.
the front is 8.3 inches of inverted GPX forks with 16 clicks of compression and rebound adjustments, billet trees .
The front brake is 220mm wave rotor with a dual piston caliper. and 180mm rear wave rotor.
Added the pro taper bars a billet shifter ,custom step seat . And then modified the frame and tank to accept the more modern plastics.

Adding up the weight savings from replacing all the steel, trees, swingarm, linkage, pull rods,rear sprocket, shifter, axle blocks, handle bars, We lost about 8 pounds!!

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 05:43:31 AM »
wow matified great work as usual! looks so good, i dont understand why they dont do this, it would only make since to have to produce one set of plastic vs 2, 1 for the klx and 1 for the kx, plus it looks dang good on that 65, the new 110's are sharp looking bikes

Offline matified

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 01:07:05 AM »
Thanks, it took a little work to make them fit, one was cutting the battery box off the rear fender and making a section to fill the void. I also had to make mounting tabs for the side panels , shrouds and front fender. I am sure Kawasaki could easily make it work.

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 02:08:24 AM »
with those usd forks you'd think that they'd weigh more than the standard forks that are already on the kx, if anything with all of that i would think it would be heavier, and ya just the plastic could be updated and it would make the little kx's look 10X better. i'm still confused as to why they're still so expensive brand new, i mean they're a 10 year old design by now, you'd think the price would reflect that

Offline matified

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 03:21:23 AM »
Actually the stock forks are longer with the axle under hang, so more material there and the inner smaller tubes which are steel are also longer, so the fork tubes are heavier, then you have the lower steel cast clamp,that too is heavier, swap to billet trees that are much lighter. then the rear linkage,is steel, the steel pull rods, the super heavy steel swingarm,and steel bodied stock shock, the cast wheels and rotors, steel sprocket etc all are heavier. all of these parts swapped for lighter aluminum adds up to a big weight reduction.

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 04:35:51 AM »
That is a trick lookin piece of dirt scooter!! Top job man, i bet everyone is a tad envious of the little fella at the track :D
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250