Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Who wants to see me try to qualify for Washougal on a 125?  (Read 9440 times)

Offline motoman356

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Who wants to see me try to qualify for Washougal on a 125?
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2012, 02:41:26 AM »
run the 125! or a 134 or 139 or 144. heck even go to 167. either way ill be rooting for you. just dont broadcast how you "cheated" haha
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline 2T Institute

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2012, 03:41:53 AM »
The price raise stuff among other things is going on at a lot of the other tracks too. MX Sports is trying to get rid of any place that doesn't want to act like or look like Nascar. If things go as the rumors say they will you will see the series at mostly new (different) tracks by 2014.

As far as the topic of me.... I'll post a video of me on the 125 as soon as I get a chance, it is getting rebuilt right now. I know I have a better chance on the 250 vs the 450's but the 125 is a lot of fun to ride. Washougal probably isn't the #1 choice of places to try to ride a 125 vs built 250F's but oh well.

Oh and I had Gorr do a 300 kit on my woods bike. It ran great until about 9 hours of run time then the power valve broke and I'll just leave it at that.
Where do you loose out to the 250f's? What I see is that it's easy to jam it up the inside on the narrow line but get hosed on the exits with the 250f's running the high line on the berm.

Offline Watson777

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2012, 05:31:29 AM »
Only place the 125 will lose out is because my practice will most likely be practice #1 and it will be deep and muddy! Just gonna pin it!

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2012, 07:52:11 AM »
I once saw a dude DNF cos he lost his goggles... that wasn't the problem though. He copped a massive hunk of really hard packed clay straight in the face, knocked the poor bastard out flat.

Moral of the story: a 250 at full noise has roost that could be weaponized.

Offline VintageBlueSmoke

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2012, 10:26:41 AM »
sadly to say but AMA wanted the Richie family to raise the ticket prices to $49.00 and they said no the Richie's have owned the property/track for many,many years and all they wanted to do was keep the prices fair in return for all fans that have been coming there over the years.

Let's put the blame where it belongs. The AMA doesn't manage who gets a race or what the ticket prices are. MX Sprorts Pro Racing and the National Promotors Group determine who gets a race, costs, and many other requirements.

Not that the AMA shouldn't share the blame for many other things (like the inequality rules that have allowed 4$ to dominate motocross).
08 Speed Bird Quad 110, 08 KTM 144, 04 Suzuki LT-Z400, 03 Gas Gas EC, 300,97 Honda CR144, 96 Husky Boy 50, 88 Husky 400WR, 86 Honda CR125R, 80 Can-Am MX6 400, 75 Husky 360CR, 75 Husky 175CC, 73 Penton Jackpiner 175, 72 Husky 250CR, 72 Husky 125, 72 Rickman-Zundapp 125, (2) 71 Bultaco Pursang Mk

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2012, 10:41:30 AM »
sadly to say but AMA wanted the Richie family to raise the ticket prices to $49.00 and they said no the Richie's have owned the property/track for many,many years and all they wanted to do was keep the prices fair in return for all fans that have been coming there over the years.

Let's put the blame where it belongs. The AMA doesn't manage who gets a race or what the ticket prices are. MX Sprorts Pro Racing and the National Promotors Group determine who gets a race, costs, and many other requirements.

Not that the AMA shouldn't share the blame for many other things (like the inequality rules that have allowed 4$ to dominate motocross).

Agreed. I will say that the motocross industry, from what I can understand, is wrecked. Does anyone have numbers regarding the number of licenses handed out by the AMA? A comparison of the 1990s vs. the last five years would be interesting to see.

Back on topic. The thing with most four joke tools is that they see things like this: a four stroke engine makes exactly half the power of an equal displacement two stroke. Thats what I've been greeted with when I broach the topic at the track or with someone who rides one.

The most brutally basic understanding of the internal combustion engine, nay just having a bloody brain will tell you that this is not so. Theres god knows how many other factors. Anyway my point here is, if you show up running a 144 kit it might just do the exact opposite of what you want it to do which I assume to be show the public that two strokes are awesome. My reasoning for this is: That guy has over half the displacement that the 250s do, thats unfair. And people will just pin the fact that you qualified on that: you had an unfair advantage.

Just something to consider bro. If you do end up qualifying that would probably be the reasoning that the press uses to protect their four shit conspiracy.

Offline Watson777

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2012, 06:38:08 PM »
I'm not planning on running a 144. I am gonna do it the legal way, just pin it and see what happens!

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2012, 06:45:38 PM »
Sorry I can,t help ya Watson at the moment. I had elbow surgery, back in the hospital 3 times for problems with the nerve and infection on one of the incitions, fricken nightmare. No pay check all year, I can,t really go into it, because an attorney is invauled. Anyway I  say go for it, even if it takes 2 years to pay the expences off. The only problem with a overborred 125, is that it doesn,t sound like a 125 anymore, maybe the ama won,t remember what a 125 is supposed to sound like.  ;D  I think it would be a good idea, to rent-lease someones 167 or a 144 stroker crank-2mm ovr borre. My JM racing 04 cr125 stroker crank 2mm and 2mm ove borre is alot faster than a current YZ that,s ported  or the Jeff Wilow Nollen YZ125 that holeshot nationals in 97. When is the race anyway ?   

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2012, 07:05:01 PM »
I'm not planning on running a 144. I am gonna do it the legal way, just pin it and see what happens!
  Sounds awesome, I know you  can
do it.  There,s 3 YZ 125,s on www.wisconsinmx.com   one is a YOT  Yamaha of Troy motor only used as a race bike, then he has a ported practice bike. The other is a  pc motor. There,s a bunch of YZ 125 on there site, some have been posted for months.  You might be able to make a deal, rent an engine, or trade. A over borred carb  would be a good to. Run alot of sag, stiffen up the forks, keep it pinned and hang off the back of the bike, so the front tire floats on top of the loose stuff. I,m sure ya know all that tho.

Offline bearorso

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2012, 08:50:11 PM »
After Renner (?) went on about riding an oversize 125 at Daytona, Anyone else turning up on a 2t, Will have their engine inspected, just as He did when he next went to race.

Rules are rules, no matter how bloody bad they are. I'd say that anyone, who is caught now for OS engines, be they 125 based , or 250f based, or 250 2t based, will get royally reamed, as an example, by MX Sports / AMA. It would be a perfect opportunity, for them to be seen as actually doing something......................

Who rode the TSMX 250?  John's one?  I thought it was Watson77, but obviously, not.

Offline msambuco

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2012, 10:18:53 PM »
After Renner (?) went on about riding an oversize 125 at Daytona, Anyone else turning up on a 2t, Will have their engine inspected, just as He did when he next went to race.

Rules are rules, no matter how bloody bad they are. I'd say that anyone, who is caught now for OS engines, be they 125 based , or 250f based, or 250 2t based, will get royally reamed, as an example, by MX Sports / AMA. It would be a perfect opportunity, for them to be seen as actually doing something......................

Who rode the TSMX 250?  John's one?  I thought it was Watson77, but obviously, not.

It is very important to honda to make sure any 2 stroke is at a disadvantage in order to carry on their agenda. I expect Yamaha to be the first Japanese firm to break away from this. Any day now. One day there will be enough others combined that when honda threatens to take their toys and go home it will not matter.
08 373 Fuzion Toyhauler
1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog
A lot of toys
A map and a credit card
A lot of memories no one can take away

Recovered

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2012, 01:30:04 AM »
Either way vintage the Richie family that owns Red Bud was asked to raise there ticket prices for this years national and they said no so this year will be the last national at Red Bud

Offline bearorso

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2012, 08:49:28 AM »

It is very important to honda to make sure any 2 stroke is at a disadvantage in order to carry on their agenda. I expect Yamaha to be the first Japanese firm to break away from this. Any day now. One day there will be enough others combined that when honda threatens to take their toys and go home it will not matter.

I agree with your sentiments completely - look back to my posting record. Honda are dictating things, but, with the complicity of the other manufacturers.

As to if there will ever be enough manufacturers against Hondas / Other manufacturers power? I'm really hopeful, if a bit pessimistic. It depends on BMW/ Husky really coming on hard with the often rumoured / often (and now) promised 2ts, KTM finally pissing (to get off the pot), and getting their DFI / whatever it is out. And KTM / Husky / others, using 2ts for far more than just recreational bikes. And, the next manufacturer, getting back, properly, into 2ts:

Yes, Yamaha Is the one Japanese company that I feel may be the one to re-enter 2t with New / Modern 2ts. Their record for innovation and change, is very strong. They do produce EFI ? / DFI ? 2t Outboards.

But, I'm starting to worry.

We've been waiting a while.

I REALLY hope we won't be waiting in vain.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2012, 12:25:18 PM »

I agree with your sentiments completely - look back to my posting record. Honda are dictating things, but, with the complicity of the other manufacturers.

As to if there will ever be enough manufacturers against Hondas / Other manufacturers power? I'm really hopeful, if a bit pessimistic. It depends on BMW/ Husky really coming on hard with the often rumoured / often (and now) promised 2ts, KTM finally pissing (to get off the pot), and getting their DFI / whatever it is out. And KTM / Husky / others, using 2ts for far more than just recreational bikes. And, the next manufacturer, getting back, properly, into 2ts:

Yes, Yamaha Is the one Japanese company that I feel may be the one to re-enter 2t with New / Modern 2ts. Their record for innovation and change, is very strong. They do produce EFI ? / DFI ? 2t Outboards.

But, I'm starting to worry.

We've been waiting a while.

I REALLY hope we won't be waiting in vain.

Lets not forget that Yamaha is the reason we're all on this site talking about the bogus Motocross that is todays norm. They sparked a fire that raged and still rages. Maybe they will actually have the brains to look at the evidence and say: Wait on.... If we don't douse our own fire the MX industry is in trouble.
Yamaha is the second last company that I expect to turn all two stroke all of a sudden. Yeah, so they still produce them. Who wouldn't? Its extra coin that they can put into their 4 stonk racing efforts. Nothing ground breaking has changed on them in the last what.... 7 years? 6 if you count the KYB SSS as groundbreaking, and its apparently pretty sexy.

My word? I really don't think Yamaha gives a crap about the two stroke motocross bike. Why? They haven't done anything to them in years. Some people might say they can't afford to do major work on the 2 engine types I say pig's arse. KTM does it every year.

Just my 2 cents worth

Offline msambuco

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2012, 01:35:53 PM »
What Yamaha did with the four stroke is the reason I pick them as the first to break away. The made a lot of $ with the early jump on four strokes. Imagine this. When the timing is right they bring out an all new YZ250 that is on par with KTM and the others. And they make a deal with the other 2T brands to make them all legal for Nationals. Put just 5 top riders on legal 2 strokes. They would need to make at least 10 for each dealer.
08 373 Fuzion Toyhauler
1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog
A lot of toys
A map and a credit card
A lot of memories no one can take away