Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Anyone have problems with HotRods crank assemblies?  (Read 5149 times)

Offline Watson777

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have problems with HotRods crank assemblies?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 07:54:29 AM »
They have decent prices...... Nothing like what I was getting from the Yami shop here and nothing like what I can get HotRods and the other aftermarket stuff for :-(

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 09:24:12 AM »
You can also try mrcycles.com and bikebandit.com what parts are you trying to get?  If your also looking at bearings I'd order direct from bearing supply, you can get great quality bearings for a good price and should be cheaper than what Honda or Yamaha would charge for the same bearing.

A&W Bearing Supply 800 442 7773
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2010, 06:05:29 AM »
I would love to use OEM but all the Yamaha shops around here have been ran into the ground and there fore I no longer have a sponsorship on OEM parts and all be damned if i am gonna pay retail! Thats the only reason I was asking about Hot Rods. We have always used oem internals but don't have that option anymore at this point.

I don't know why you're ready to change the crank... did you have a problem with it? If not, why not just rebuild the stock one with an OEM rod kit?

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline Watson777

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2010, 10:35:53 AM »
The crank seal went out and fried everything! the whole inside of the motor is gold and all messed up. It is an 05 and has never had a bottom end so I would rather just do everything now and not have to do it again cuz she doesn't ride it much anymore.

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2010, 10:25:40 PM »
We are rebuilding my wifes 125 and I was going to do a HotRods crank assembly but then it seems like I saw a few people say they had them snap. Was gonna do a Pro-X but they don't make a complete crank assembly. Anyone have any input or suggestions?
Hey, I just found a complete crank assembly by them for sale online. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&vehicleId=3081&navTitle=Engine&webTypeId=240&webCatId=17&prodFamilyId=17760&allVehParts=true
I'd rather be riding...

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 10:26:18 PM »
Also, I may have to do a top and bottom rebuild as well, would you guys recommend Pro X?
I'd rather be riding...