Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Thanks John!!!  (Read 8865 times)

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
Thanks John!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 08:29:01 PM »
The fact that one doesn't ride or race anymore doesn't make them less of an enthusiast or give them less credibility-imo anyway.
Thanks for everything John,we all appreciate your past efforts and Charles' present ones.I'd be interested in the demise of project 250 from primarily a technical point of view with regards to the coatings and mix ratios etc.So waht are you up to these days?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline Brap

• View Profile
Thanks John!!!
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 08:33:33 PM »
mhmm...what is Twostrokemotocross.com worth?

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Thanks John!!!
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 08:48:00 PM »
Charles, glad the "history" was "fun". You are doing more than I ever could have hoped for. Thank you!!

But no matter what my intentions are or were, it is yours to do as you please. I wish you every success with it.

Ford - Boy do I miss you!!!  :-* I didn't think being a non-riding entusiast was an issue either, but you'd be surprised at how many people wrote to me saying it was.

As for the coatings and mixtures... they were not and never were the issue. The problem was in NO way related to that aspect of the Project. In actuality the cause was so stupid as to be embarrassing. Maybe not so much to me, but others.... I can't in good conscious throw anyone under the bus.. which is why I took complete responsibility and refused to speak about what happened publicly.

Of course my point of view is only that, my point of view. Of course there are others that were a part of it and if they share what they know or experienced, it's up to them.

Brap - That would be between you and Charles.... how much do you want to pay him??

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
Thanks John!!!
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 09:01:48 PM »
Thanks John, and Braap It would be hard to put a figure on. It is not for sale, and probably never will be. TSM is growing at an alarming rate. We have several large site sponsors signing on in Novemeber that will put us where we want to be.. for now :) Our worldwide traffic rank has far surpassed MXA, Dirt Rider, and Alli Sports.com. We are also very close to Vital and Vurb. As of today our current rank is 70,648, worldwide. Starting next year we will be doing more traveling and covering all of the 2 stroke events that have popped up this year, as well as a few nationals we will be entering some riders in. Our plans have taken longer than expected, but it has given us more time to plan and prepare so we can be sure to do it right.

Offline gpnewhouse7

• View Profile
Thanks John!!!
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 09:15:10 PM »
Starting next year we will be doing more traveling and covering all of the 2 stroke events that have popped up this year, as well as a few nationals we will be entering some riders in. Our plans have taken longer than expected, but it has given us more time to plan and prepare so we can be sure to do it right.

Sounds good to me, I've been a 'Lurker' on the site since the days of Two Stroke Militia and only recently became a member. The TSM forum is always open as a tab on my phone so I can see whats happening on here whenever I get bored. I would get TSM graphics for my bike but by the time they get through customs they'll be two or three times as much as any other kits! Maybe an idea for the future would be to hook up with Danger UK or something for us two stroke fans in England.

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
Thanks John!!!
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 09:55:09 PM »
Thats a good idea, we have been talking with some overseas companies about making tsm items more available everywhere.

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
Thanks John!!!
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2012, 10:05:00 PM »
Good stuff  :D .
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
Thanks John!!!
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2012, 11:03:14 PM »
Man, I've been gone for longer than I thought!  Everything I remember is now nostalgia!

It's funny, most of the time since I stopped following TSM, I've been knee-deep learning about four-strokes because I want to build up my Dakota.  Then I went for a ride last weekend which put my focus back to two-strokes, and it took a while to come to grips with how damned simple everything is.  Especially with an air-cooled, drum-brake bike, there's like three moving parts.  Very refreshing.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
Thanks John!!!
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 11:13:06 PM »
I was advertising here on TSM

Hehe I don't know if you remember but I busted your balls about just selling stuff and not being a contributing member at first.
I do :D
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
Thanks John!!!
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2012, 12:41:59 AM »
I'm amazed at the success of TSM. I'm a hardcore offroader, but from a business perspective it has been very informative to watch the site evolve.

Offline ridered125

• Novice
    • View Profile
Thanks John!!!
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2012, 05:00:08 AM »
I got on the site about the time they switched over to Word Press. My favorite two stories: Early on there was a small story about a guy racing a 1982 RM 125 in the C Class and doing pretty well. Best story ever was a bike build on a 2001 CR 125. The guy who wrote it was an excellent writer and gave a lot of good details and posted good pics.
http://twostrokemotocross.com/2009/05/budget-racer-2001-honda-cr125/

Offline motoxr377

• Junior
  • RM GUY
    • View Profile
Thanks John!!!
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2012, 05:57:56 AM »
This place is awesome!! Now Charles... more on that '11 250sx!

Offline MXLord327

• Expert
    • View Profile
Thanks John!!!
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2012, 02:21:17 PM »
Holy Crap, JETZCorp is back!!!  I thought you may have gone to the dark side and were afraid we would find out!!  lol

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
Thanks John!!!
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2012, 02:29:35 PM »
Welcome back Jetz!

I'm amazed at the success of TSM. I'm a hardcore offroader, but from a business perspective it has been very informative to watch the site evolve.
It's taken quite a bit of time, money and research to get it where it is today. Once I learned more about SEO and Viral marketing it's pretty much been snow-balling since. But what it really comes down to.. The 2 Strokes are still very well alive. The fun factor and the masses. Sure a few hundred pros race them because the feel they have to, or maybe they like blowing the money on parts and repairs. But the other hundreds of thousands of people like to have affordable fun. Two strokes will always have a place on and off the tracks, and we'll be here.

This place is awesome!! Now Charles... more on that '11 250sx!
More on that when we get some things in place, hopefully by December we will have one out in the shop being prepped. :)

Offline dogger315

• Expert
    • View Profile
Thanks John!!!
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2012, 03:26:44 PM »
I would like to thank John Nicholas because he got all of this started
Add my name to that list as well.  Every cause needs visionaries - John was
one of ours.

Hope you are doing well.

dogger