Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: im off to glen helen.....  (Read 4827 times)

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: im off to glen helen.....
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 12:48:16 AM »
well im back........ what a freaking long drive. drove through the night friday just to get 2 hours of sleep saturday morning in front of the gate. woke up to the lovely sound of of my buddy honking at me as he pulled in. haha. well what can i say, glen helen is amazing, every time i go down there it is a great time. just sitting on that gate is awesome, the talladega corner after the start, going up mt st helen is always a rush. so to break it down i went 7-7 on day one, i had nothing to offer i could barely walk i was so tired. but day 2 was way better i went 6-5 and beat both of my buddies that beat me day 1. finshed 6 overall. day one the track was super sloppy in the am and with the wind it dried out and got BEAT in the afternoon. day 2 was a different story the track was tacky all day, not sure what why it was so different but it was great. so let me just say this, 450's have there place, and glen helen is it. i got my a-- handed to me going up those hills and the long straights and the nasty bumpy corners etc... sloppy in the am dry in afternoon all = 450. sorry dont jump on me just hear me out. i did beat out a few guys and i was the only 250 in my class and the only 2t, even though there was a ton of 2t in other classes. but check this out, my buddy had issues with his bike before the last moto and had to ride his 250f in moto 4, he had been pulling me all weekend until moto 4. he had nothing for me on that 250f compared to my yz. so the proof is on the track, 250 2t against a 450 on a fast hilly nasty track = NOT FAIR, 250f vrs 250 2t = not fair, i think this really shows that our petition for 150-300 2t's is on track to being, well, fair.

So, so true. I raced also on the weekend in similar conditions, on the other side of the world. We had 3 days rain, and the morning practice and first moto was slop, the ruts developed typically as the do these days, big deep trenches dug by the four strokes that dont allow momentum. The second and third motos, the track was baked out and slick, and hard to get drive and it was ROUGH! I pretty much struggled all day against the 450's in the A class, but am just using the last few events of this year to prepare for next year, against the 250F's. Cant wait for the rule change at amatuer and state level. I, and also all the other two stroke riders, will finally be the one with advantage. I have had plenty of guys telling me that they are changing over to a two stroke, or are at least considering it. Good times!!!!!!!!
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline Dirt Addict

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 08:01:38 PM »
westsiderippa were you at comp edge today?  i saw a yz250 #512 there.....
i was riding the ktm 125.

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
  • win on a 2t your a hero, lose just blame the bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 10:46:06 PM »
no wasnt me, wish it was though, lol. im from nor cal. exactly 396 miles from my house to the front gate of glen helen.

amen to the 500, that would have knocked some lights out of the 450's, hahaha maybe one day.

i will second that the track has changed, just like every other track. just for example, when you come off the first hill and make the u turn under the cat walk bridge they give you like 30-40 feet to pin it and begin your climb to the sky up mt st helen. that turn is always a slop hole rutted holy mess with nothing but an inside trench of a rut that drifts to the outside and off you go. the rest of the turn is sloppy loam.