Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: AMA rule change!  (Read 8094 times)

Offline Jeram

• Novice
    • View Profile
AMA rule change!
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2012, 10:48:32 AM »
They are definitely not running all honda motors in moto3. Thats moto-2

moto-3 is any brand motor in a prototype chassis.

if it was honda motors, KTM factory team would not be racing!

its interesting that they didnt blend the 2Ts and 4Ts together for the first year like they did in motor gp is 2002 (?).
they learnt their lesson about the old 2Ts spanking the 'new' 4 strokes when placed side by side.

They say that this season or next season the 4Ts will have eclipsed the 2Ts in lap times (125 vs moto 3) (thats a quoted for KTM team manager)
However he is not taking into acount that if the 125s had any development, let alone the funding thats been put into moto3 injected into the 125 motors that they'd be going significantly faster by now.
The 2011 factory RSA125 would have most likely long since become the privateer bike and there would be a new factory machine which surpases the old one.
Aprilia R&D had lots of ideas for making more hp, but they had their funding cut

They did originally try 'blending' the motors in the old 125 class and in the redbull rookies aswell I think but the 250f's were a LOT slower than the 125's, you have to remember how much different the motogp 125's are compared to a motocrosser though, the things made like 60 hp but in a very small range but in that kind of racing the kids could keep them in that range and seriously haul ass on them but the 250f has a spread of power with no real peak so while its faster for motocross in motogp they're useless.

I used to love watching the 125's scream around the tracks on the TV, iit was the best racing ever.

still, it would have been fun to see the aprilia smokers kick the thumpers arses.

from what Iv seen the 125ers arnt as peaky as you'd expect.
sure you need to keep them on the boil to win a race, but they still move pretty quick in the mid range for a 125 two stroke
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline GP500cc

• View Profile
AMA rule change!
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2012, 07:47:00 PM »
Honda even admitted there new "slower" Honda nsf250r bike is no match for a Aprilla RSW125. It's sad how a gp 250 2 stroke made 113 horsepower and 80 ft pounds of torque (KTM's website said that back in 2008 and had the dyno charts, although I don't have them) and these 250 4 stroke singles are only making 45 horsepower.....

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
AMA rule change!
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2012, 11:40:57 PM »
Yeah Im so shocked that Honda bought off the AMA to do all that. I honestly do not understand the greed of that. Were they in danger of going under or something? Seriously they are one of the richest companies in the world (I'm assuming) and they still wanted more. What in gods name did they stand to gain by earning a few more billion? That sounded better in my head but it just doesn't make any sense to me how people can be that obsessed with money and control.

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
AMA rule change!
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 12:05:35 AM »
Yeah Im so shocked that Honda bought off the AMA to do all that. I honestly do not understand the greed of that. Were they in danger of going under or something? Seriously they are one of the richest companies in the world (I'm assuming) and they still wanted more. What in gods name did they stand to gain by earning a few more billion? That sounded better in my head but it just doesn't make any sense to me how people can be that obsessed with money and control.

ya well it is japan so....they're hard pressed to change, they like the way they do things and they DO NOT like changing from their ideals, and if they can do so by paying people off, then by god they're gonna do it

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
AMA rule change!
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 12:43:08 AM »

ya well it is japan so....they're hard pressed to change, they like the way they do things and they DO NOT like changing from their ideals, and if they can do so by paying people off, then by god they're gonna do it

And to think I just submitted an assignment saying how nice Japan culture is. That never give up and die trying attitude sounds like its derived from samurai culture though. But you raise a good point anyway. Jerks. But if it gets out and can be proven that they did that, they're up to their eyeballs. Atleast I think they would be I'm not sure if what they did is illegal or not in America. Whatever they did anyway.

Offline Jeram

• Novice
    • View Profile
AMA rule change!
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2012, 01:30:46 AM »
No money would have ever exchanged hands. there not that fucking stupid.
Its a little thing called lobbying

Thats the exact same reason why the United States of America now classifies a pizza as a vegetable.

but whos to blame?
the lobbyists 
or the dumb arse Americans who were too stupid and docile to stand up for what they believed in.

when the AMA banished the 2Ts with there 450 rule why didn't you (referring to everyone not singling out anyone) and the thousands of two stroke fans go and camp out the front of the AMA for a week to protest. It would have made a huge difference.
But now we are condemned to eternal whinging and whining about how unfair it is.

point of my rant is, if you don't agree with something then act on it, don't just wait till its too late or sign a little bloody petition.
but on the bright side, If this forum becomes any bigger it could actually be used as a tool for lobbying: coordinated phone calls to governing bodies etc

And to the people who did something about it.. good on you for trying your best, and you are welcome to whinge and whine about the unfair rules

Offline GP500cc

• View Profile
AMA rule change!
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2012, 12:40:46 AM »
Honda did buy the AMA rule maker, did you see the rule that would allow 150cc 2 strokes with 250fs and 300 2 strokes with 450f's never actually made it to the voting, Honda shot that rule out before it ever even had a chance for the American public to vote

Offline Jeram

• Novice
    • View Profile
AMA rule change!
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2012, 05:21:02 AM »
Although I agree that honda are dirty little fuckers, I always like to have an educated and rational opinion.

I dont like the honda is the boogie man argument so it must have been them, I prefer the argument 'honda did this on this date and acheived it by doing x, y and z'

What did honda do to stop the rule?
Where and when did this occur?

Offline DESERTFOX19

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
AMA rule change!
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2012, 06:15:09 PM »
Although I agree that honda are dirty little fuckers, I always like to have an educated and rational opinion.

I dont like the honda is the boogie man argument so it must have been them, I prefer the argument 'honda did this on this date and acheived it by doing x, y and z'

What did honda do to stop the rule?
Where and when did this occur?

They must have not read Jody's box . The one about rumors.

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/hi-torque/mxa_201111_dealer/index.php#/8

Offline VintageBlueSmoke

• Expert
    • View Profile
AMA rule change!
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2012, 06:17:34 PM »
The must also not be following the whole Nobby Clark debacle and the chronicling of the high jacking of the AMA.
08 Speed Bird Quad 110, 08 KTM 144, 04 Suzuki LT-Z400, 03 Gas Gas EC, 300,97 Honda CR144, 96 Husky Boy 50, 88 Husky 400WR, 86 Honda CR125R, 80 Can-Am MX6 400, 75 Husky 360CR, 75 Husky 175CC, 73 Penton Jackpiner 175, 72 Husky 250CR, 72 Husky 125, 72 Rickman-Zundapp 125, (2) 71 Bultaco Pursang Mk