Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Who's is racing a late model 2T in 2010?  (Read 13387 times)

Offline AFG

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: Who's is racing a late model 2T in 2010?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 05:09:17 PM »
Just wondering is it the 125, or 144? I haven't got to ride any of the TM big bikes(125 and up). I did however get to ride this kid's 85 in 04 that I was giving lessons too. That thing was unbelievably fast. I weighed 180 at the time and it felt like I was riding a 125 that ran reeeeaally well. You are a lucky man John.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 05:47:26 PM »
Yes motocross is an addiction!!

The TM is a 125. When sitting on it, it feels more like a Honda than a European bike.

Can't wait to ride it!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 03:36:48 PM »
Way too cool.Congrats.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline toon

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009, 10:55:07 PM »
Just wondering is it the 125, or 144? I haven't got to ride any of the TM big bikes(125 and up). I did however get to ride this kid's 85 in 04 that I was giving lessons too. That thing was unbelievably fast. I weighed 180 at the time and it felt like I was riding a 125 that ran reeeeaally well. You are a lucky man John.

I built a blown up 04 tm85 for my mrs, got the thing for a grand(aus) and spent another grand on it fixing it up- barrel rechromed, new piston and main bearings etc... This thing is bloody fast! I dont know if its the stage one porting that it has done, but I tell ya what it makes my mrs 07 ktm 85 feel slow. I reckon it would run with a stock 125 for sure!
A good 4 stroke is one that can be switched from 2 stroke to 4 stroke, has no valves and is 2 stroke technology gone wild! Bring on DI 2 strokes I say!

Offline losec

• Intermediate
  • naaaa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2009, 02:17:09 AM »
This thing should not be in the garage.. Should be in the living room! This bike is nuts!
][/quote\

If I can whip myself back into racing shape, I want to race a 2010 Service Honda CR250.  I've been
off the bike for two years due to the evils of four stroke racing so it will require a lot of training and
perseverance to be ready by the Spring.  

dogger

Doing the same thing but I've been off for around 18 years.....

The problem is motocross is worst than a addiction...I still remember my first race like yesterday..Nothing like being lined-up with 39 guys...I have butterflies thinking about it!!!!!!!!!! Each time I go watch a race I hat* myself not being on the track...

Yea me too :D Even watching some old races on the computer makes my heart beat relly fast :) i looove the sport
I never crash -I just make unexpected decelerations

Offline metal_miracle

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2009, 05:13:00 AM »
i am rebuilding my 03 tm85 making it 100cc for 2010

Offline 125mx.fi

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • 125mx.fi
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2009, 12:49:46 PM »
Going to race the newest model Honda two stroke, CR125 2007. Actually racing two of them, which one at time depends on my mood ;)

Pictures of them in my blog:  http://125mxfi.blogspot.com/
Theres some text also, guessing not many understand it though ::). But you can always ask  ;D

Offline Alec S

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2009, 01:37:37 PM »
.....harrastamisessa ....

Now THAT'S a word!!!!!

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2009, 05:44:15 PM »
Nice bike!!

We want more photos!!!
Life is short.

Offline Out of Order

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2009, 07:32:14 PM »
John, how much does the TM cost? I also want to ride it!!  :) How's the craftsmanship on the bike, I've been hearing the karting guys complain about the engine cases not matching up. Along with other minor issues. But not sure if it's the Moto or ICC engine they are talking about.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2009, 07:52:00 PM »
The craftsmanship of the bike is amazing! But it's one of those things that you have to see for yourself and decide.

The MSRP of a TM 125MX is $7,499.00 which is high compared to the others, but you need to look at the whole picture. These machines are build like works bikes and have the best components as standard equipment, then it doesn't seem so bad.

Where are you located? You are welcome to take a spin on my bike if you'd like.

All that said, they are not for everyone. They're really built for serious racers.... if your looking for a trail bike, you probably wouldn't be happy.

As for the engine trouble that you speak about, where could I check up and read the issues these kart racers have had?
Life is short.

Offline Out of Order

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2009, 08:02:25 PM »
As for the engine trouble I read them on one of the karting forums, I'm thinking ekartingnews or one of the UK forums.

$7500 doesn't seem to bad, It's a really nice bike though. I would be to afraid to really push it because it's nice. I live in Dayville, Connecticut.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2009, 08:06:15 PM »
A group of us are supposed to be heading up to Moto Town on January 7th.... is that kind of close??

We are planning to do some comparisons with a bunch of other bikes... should be fun.
Life is short.

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2009, 03:09:48 PM »
TM's are definately addictive. Here's my 300 MX

internets not playing the game so i'll upload some more pics later.
I opted for the ohlins shock.
I have to say there were a number of details that needed fixed from new and the jetting was a mile out but she's all sorted now.

Offline 2000cr125nj

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2009, 04:09:12 PM »
What's late model you ask.....how bout we consider anything after 2000 [or close to it] for the sake of this thread. Perhaps someone else could start a "vintage" race thread?

What form of racing is it?

And why a 2T?

I'm planning on racing MX for the first time in 18 years [NESC] on a CR500 conversion.

I've never even ridden a modern 4T and never considered buying one. I'm a gas and go guy so I wasn't into the more expensive/complex 4T motors so that ruled out used ones also.

Started my "come back" on an 03 YZ250 that was probably fast enough for my 52 year old body/skills  but I got caught up in the CR500 thing and as I was planning a conversion, I found a killer deal on a conversion so I bought it.

It's in an 05 CRF so my motor isn't "current" just the rest of the bike.

Come back pic:

im racing motocross on a 2000 cr125. i had an 04kx250f that was far from stock. i mean dont get me rong the 4 strokes have their advantages but its just not the same as a good ol 2smoke. the smell, the sound,the powerband, and not to mention the weight difference . im 24 grew up riding nothing but 2smokes and i often wonder what happened to the sport of motocross. i really dont care that im one of the only 2smokes on the track it gets me alot of attention plus it pi$$es off these guys on brand new 4strokes with thousands of dollars invested in them when they get spanked by a bike 10 yrs old. the bottom line is its not wht u ride its how u ride it. besides i honestly think the older bikes are built a lot stronger than present day bikes. well maybe thats because i never had a brand new bike.lol . the best advantage is the price of maintnence is a hell of alot cheaper and easier on a 2smoke. i guess its all opinion but my heart beat is ping ping ping.