Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: cr500 in the mammoth two stroke race  (Read 3617 times)

Offline keeptwostrokesalive

• Professional
    • View Profile
cr500 in the mammoth two stroke race
« on: July 20, 2011, 11:07:17 AM »
I cant believe just how quiet this bike is.  Even when he has that thing WFO I can barely hear the bike.
http://youtu.be/Khkh-oiV3PQ

Offline Sapper

• Junior
    • View Profile
Re: cr500 in the mammoth two stroke race
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 01:12:18 PM »
im sorry but i would had sum unfriendly words to say to the guy on the rm that ran him off the track  >:(
If you want cheap & fast, it won't be good.
If you want cheap & good, it won't be fast.
If you want good & fast, it won't be CHEAP

Offline keeptwostrokesalive

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 02:07:07 PM »
That was the guy that got in a fight with Ryno because he was riding dirty.

Offline citabjockey

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Yamaha Vintage Enduros
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 02:12:03 PM »
That was the guy that got in a fight with Ryno because he was riding dirty.

You mean the RM riding "run you off the track" dude?
Yamaha CT3, RT3, MX125, SC500, Toy Prius, Diesel F250 (it all balances out)

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 02:20:09 PM »
Michael LaPaglia, what a douche.

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline dk

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 09:12:16 AM »
Michael LaPaglia, what a douche.

Wow...now I see why Rhyno was so pissed after the race.  I noticed that LaPaglia dove in on that guy (cr500) twice like he wasn't even there.  Bad behavior even for racing...

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 11:49:39 PM »
What are you talking about bad behavior for racing?? It's racing. Totally allowed and accepted. Don't race if you don't want to get bumped. These guys are young and want to get the position. If you leave the door open you should expect that. I've been ran off the track more than once. Even by friends. Was I mad? No, it's racing. The guy who made the video even said "I left the door a little open and lapaglia was sure to take advantage. a little agressive, we hit pretty hard, but thats racing and he actually apologized to me at? the award ceremony."
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline dk

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 08:24:41 AM »
What are you talking about bad behavior for racing?? It's racing. Totally allowed and accepted. Don't race if you don't want to get bumped. These guys are young and want to get the position. If you leave the door open you should expect that. I've been ran off the track more than once. Even by friends. Was I mad? No, it's racing. The guy who made the video even said "I left the door a little open and lapaglia was sure to take advantage. a little agressive, we hit pretty hard, but thats racing and he actually apologized to me at? the award ceremony."

We all have our opinions and I am fine with yours but if a racer has to apologize he obviously thought that he did something wrong right?

I only race the beginner classes so i dont have the experience at that level but their was no agressive slamming like that.  I plan to move to the novice classes but if its full of folks like that (which i havent really seen or just didnt really notice) I would probably just stick to the reg. track days.  Getting to old at 31 lol..

Offline citabjockey

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Yamaha Vintage Enduros
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 01:20:58 PM »
Ok, consider two riders. Rider 1 manages to win races but by generally riding faster. Can turn inside, brake harder, get on the gas quicker -- with maybe block pass or handlebar bumping at times but doesn't need to toss competitors off the track. There are fast folks out there that ride like this yes? Rider 2 doesn't *quite* ride as fast (or maybe he does?) but takes almost every opportunity to push riders off the track. Why not? It makes sure that competitor will not be breathing down his neck for the next lap or so -- and is "accepted".

Would you respect the talent more of rider 1 or rider 2 after the race?

I know how I would vote. Yes, it is racing but that stuff is not necessary if you really are fast. I for one would be mortified if I pushed/bumped someone into a crash situation and they were seriously injured because of it. Just another point of view and more to think about...

Yamaha CT3, RT3, MX125, SC500, Toy Prius, Diesel F250 (it all balances out)

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 02:55:35 PM »
Ok, consider two riders. Rider 1 manages to win races but by generally riding faster. Can turn inside, brake harder, get on the gas quicker -- with maybe block pass or handlebar bumping at times but doesn't need to toss competitors off the track. There are fast folks out there that ride like this yes? Rider 2 doesn't *quite* ride as fast (or maybe he does?) but takes almost every opportunity to push riders off the track. Why not? It makes sure that competitor will not be breathing down his neck for the next lap or so -- and is "accepted".

Would you respect the talent more of rider 1 or rider 2 after the race?

Well put. ;D
There is a diference between racing hard and fair and being a prick. (In any form of motorsport.)
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 03:58:33 AM »
I never said it was better than clean racing, I simply said it is a part of racing. Which is true. Don't over-think it or anything haha.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with