Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Stupid Or embarrassing things you have done on a bike  (Read 21396 times)

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
Stupid Or embarrassing things you have done on a bike
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2013, 09:58:51 PM »
Cheap as chips??

Badass wordplay alert  8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2013, 04:04:28 AM »
I was 17 or so and riding an ancient (but nice) Bultaco my father had picked up cheap from a co worker. We were riding down this winding, heavily treed connector fire road and I was taking it really easy because the old Bul had wet brakes. I had just rounded  a corner when I saw this kid flying toward me on a Suzuki! He was looking back to see how badly he was smoking the old man, I veered right to try and avoid him but he still clipped my handlebars, sending me off the road and down this steep bank. The Bul hit a huge rock at the base of the bank, the forks bottomed kicking the back of the bike (and me) high in the air. I  did a perfect back flip landing on my feet in dense underbrush! I still recall standing there wondering what had just happened while my friends called my name as they tried to find me.  ;D

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2013, 12:40:20 AM »
I was 17 or so and riding an ancient (but nice) Bultaco my father had picked up cheap from a co worker. We were riding down this winding, heavily treed connector fire road and I was taking it really easy because the old Bul had wet brakes. I had just rounded  a corner when I saw this kid flying toward me on a Suzuki! He was looking back to see how badly he was smoking the old man, I veered right to try and avoid him but he still clipped my handlebars, sending me off the road and down this steep bank. The Bul hit a huge rock at the base of the bank, the forks bottomed kicking the back of the bike (and me) high in the air. I  did a perfect back flip landing on my feet in dense underbrush! I still recall standing there wondering what had just happened while my friends called my name as they tried to find me.  ;D

The crapiest part of that story, is that your friends didn't see the backflip you landed :D

What happened to the kid on the zook?

Offline shanes

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2013, 06:32:22 AM »
i was testing R1 superbike the day before i was due to fly out and race a GSXR 1000 in the Chinese endurance championship , i had done about 10 laps and when i felt the rear pads hit metal so pulled in . i had pulled it up on the back wheel come into pit road and had gone about 150 yards when i ran over a water grate , it went over the balance point i tapped the rear brake to get it down but there was none so it spat me straight off the back then cartwheeled down the pit road unit it hit a concrete pole , smashed the front wheel , bent the forks ripped off the end can destroyed the fairings . it was an expensive wheelie  :(

one of the guys at the race school got it all on film :-}} he was a canadian guy and it made one of there video's . they made DVD's like jackarse or nitro circus type deal  it was about 9-10 years ago

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2013, 09:54:02 AM »
i was testing R1 superbike the day before i was due to fly out and race a GSXR 1000 in the Chinese endurance championship , i had done about 10 laps and when i felt the rear pads hit metal so pulled in . i had pulled it up on the back wheel come into pit road and had gone about 150 yards when i ran over a water grate , it went over the balance point i tapped the rear brake to get it down but there was none so it spat me straight off the back then cartwheeled down the pit road unit it hit a concrete pole , smashed the front wheel , bent the forks ripped off the end can destroyed the fairings . it was an expensive wheelie  :(

one of the guys at the race school got it all on film :-}} he was a canadian guy and it made one of there video's . they made DVD's like jackarse or nitro circus type deal  it was about 9-10 years ago

OUCH! I'm sure that Mr. Yamaha was greatly impressed with replacing the front wheel, suspension and whatever else broke :D You mustve been a real favourite for a while lol

Offline shanes

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2013, 09:58:43 AM »

OUCH! I'm sure that Mr. Yamaha was greatly impressed with replacing the front wheel, suspension and whatever else broke :D You mustve been a real favourite for a while lol

No it was worse than that the Yamaha was mine , the suzuki was the teams bikes , lucky I didn't crash that and we won so they where happy

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2013, 11:16:44 AM »
I guess the winning bonus went towards repairing the Yammie instead haha :D

While we're on the topic, what are the limits for motoGP engines? As in how many can you go through a season?

Offline citabjockey

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Yamaha Vintage Enduros
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2013, 02:08:47 PM »
Hey - where is the link?

sounds like a nightmare....

it was an expensive wheelie  :(

Yamaha CT3, RT3, MX125, SC500, Toy Prius, Diesel F250 (it all balances out)

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2013, 02:45:48 PM »
From what I understand the kid on the Suzuki was fine.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2013, 10:59:20 PM »
Thatd be right wouldn't it... The dude thats in the wrong is always fine.

Offline shanes

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2013, 06:10:55 AM »
While we're on the topic, what are the limits for motoGP engines? As in how many can you go through a season?

Moto GP can have 6 engines for the season
CRT bikes get 12 thats why the ART Aprilia engine puts out 15-20 less Hp than the WSBK bikes last year Aprilia went through 36 engines in WSBK and Kawasaki went through 32 , they are looking at the rules now trying to put a limit on wsbk engine numbers as is has got out right silly as far as money goes

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2013, 11:51:02 AM »

Moto GP can have 6 engines for the season
CRT bikes get 12 thats why the ART Aprilia engine puts out 15-20 less Hp than the WSBK bikes last year Aprilia went through 36 engines in WSBK and Kawasaki went through 32 , they are looking at the rules now trying to put a limit on wsbk engine numbers as is has got out right silly as far as money goes

I'm sorry I don't know anything about motoGP what is WSBK? But 36 freaking engines? That would have to be four stroke right? That could end up being over 300 thousand dollars depending on the number of cylinders  :o

Offline shanes

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2013, 12:21:41 PM »
WSBK Is world Super bike they race 1000cc and they are bloody expensive .

I have a Honda CBR 1000 that engine was 10,000 pounds to build , I just had it freshened up it cost me 3,500 pounds plus shipping from Asia to the uk to have it done , it puts out 190 Hp at the rear wheel I get 1 season of riding out of that I only ride it at Sepang about 15-20 days a year ,  the bikes in WSBK. Are putting out over 220 Hp at the back wheel they use an engine every race .

MX is so much fun a free compared to riding Superbikes 2 days riding will cost me about 1000 dollars all up with tires , track time , fuel etc etc

Offline 2T Institute

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2013, 01:30:33 PM »
Next year they will have 5 engines for a season. Geez Shane a fellow here self tuned his ZXR10 got 194 at the wheel, big powerful bikes eat tyres and chains. Ducati's are worse for longevity

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2013, 10:58:11 PM »
WSBK Is world Super bike they race 1000cc and they are bloody expensive .

I have a Honda CBR 1000 that engine was 10,000 pounds to build , I just had it freshened up it cost me 3,500 pounds plus shipping from Asia to the uk to have it done , it puts out 190 Hp at the rear wheel I get 1 season of riding out of that I only ride it at Sepang about 15-20 days a year ,  the bikes in WSBK. Are putting out over 220 Hp at the back wheel they use an engine every race .

MX is so much fun a free compared to riding Superbikes 2 days riding will cost me about 1000 dollars all up with tires , track time , fuel etc etc

That, dear sir, is F**KING RIDICULOUS!

How the hell is anyone meant to do that? Even when it was two strokes, it was still expensive with all those cylinders. But what the f********k man thats crazy money! I wish the factory teams would send some of it my way :D