Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Bob Hannah Interview - What's wrong with the younger generation?  (Read 3672 times)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Bob Hannah Interview - What's wrong with the younger generation?
« on: December 28, 2009, 11:46:40 AM »
Here's the reason that I have always been a fan of Bob Hannah, he tells it like it is. At least from his point of view. This interview was from 2000.

Good reading!

http://motocrossactionmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=92AF947D1C2C45D597A922F194359CB7
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Bob Hannah Interview - What's wrong with the younger generation?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 03:19:25 PM »
Bob was / is the man.  He always spoke his mind...
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline crash796

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 04:42:19 PM »
I agree 100%. I hate the wannabe rapper/ rockstar kick that alot of the younger (and older) racers are on now.  Come on Chad Reed take that 5 pound dimond earing out of your ear and give it back to P-Diddy or whoever you got it from.

Offline DESERTFOX19

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 08:21:20 PM »
 Look at most of the riding gear it looks like gang member crap.

Offline Out of Order

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 08:58:59 PM »
I totally agree with Bob Hannah on this one, and it's not only in MX it's in all types of racing!  :-[  These factory guys don't give a crap about finishing first or last, their in it for the $$$$$$$. 

Recovered

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 10:11:03 PM »
Sadly, DeCoster says they (Suzuki) keep his mouth shut. What happened to having your own balls? And Hannah was right. Todays racers might just as well go home. I had a team manager tell me a few years ago how spoiled these kids are. He could barely work with them. You know, if the factories went away, and the guys who showed up to race were there for the love of it, I think racing would be better off. Another reason to force the rule changes on the factories. They will either leave or build bikes to win. Either way, we win.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 10:25:52 PM »
I received a very comprehensive rant on YouTube a few months ago from a Swedish guy who apparently had some sort of connection to the guys at Husqvarna.  He went in-depth about what MX used to be back in the good old days.  I was going to post it, but then the forum spat it back at me and claimed I went over the 20,000 character limit.  That goes to show the depth of this post.  I don't feel like spending two hours and hacking away at the message, so I'll just leave it here, or let John work out some special exception or something if someone's interested enough to read this thing.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 05:29:50 PM »
I received a very comprehensive rant on YouTube a few months ago from a Swedish guy who apparently had some sort of connection to the guys at Husqvarna.  He went in-depth about what MX used to be back in the good old days.  I was going to post it, but then the forum spat it back at me and claimed I went over the 20,000 character limit.  That goes to show the depth of this post.  I don't feel like spending two hours and hacking away at the message, so I'll just leave it here, or let John work out some special exception or something if someone's interested enough to read this thing.

JETZ - please forward that to me.... maybe it'll get posted on the main page. There are no limits there!! Honestly didn't know there were limits on the forum. :o
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!