Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: What are you riding this year?  (Read 14365 times)

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: What are you riding this year?
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 11:50:39 AM »
What super-strokes is everyone riding this year and in what Championship/Class/Events?

I'm racing a CR125 in the British Masters series and also the National 2 Stroke Chapionships.

I know that I'll pretty much be dead last BUT the grin on my face underneath my VX3 will be from ear to ear!!.......and thats all that matters!!
   What is the British Master series and what kind of fuel can you use. I,m interested in how your races run,like what vet age classes are there, are they like the USA 25 a,b, 30a,b, 40 a,b etc. and how much is it too race thanks. What year is your cr125 and what pipe and mods are done.thx  My 04 cr125  1st had  JM racing  decked,ported cylinder, carb borred to 40mm, vforce, pc pipe and silencer, icat juiced the ignition up good. JM racing  did Ryan Dungee,s rm125 that won LL,then he signed his factory ride,and Josh Grant,s engines when he was on cr125,s and he helped SRS cr125 team with there engine program for the world championships when Jeff Dement raced for them. Jm racing builds fast cr125,s, reliable too.

Offline KDXGarage

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2011, 09:17:16 PM »
2005 KX250 at Sand Mountain MX (north Alabama, USA) and maybe somewhere else:

http://www.ridesandmountain.com/

Offline od111

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2011, 04:38:12 AM »
What is the British Master series and what kind of fuel can you use. I,m interested in how your races run,like what vet age classes are there, are they like the USA 25 a,b, 30a,b, 40 a,b etc. and how much is it too race thanks. What year is your cr125 and what pipe and mods are done.thx  My 04 cr125  1st had  JM racing  decked,ported cylinder, carb borred to 40mm, vforce, pc pipe and silencer, icat juiced the ignition up good. JM racing  did Ryan Dungee,s rm125 that won LL,then he signed his factory ride,and Josh Grant,s engines when he was on cr125,s and he helped SRS cr125 team with there engine program for the world championships when Jeff Dement raced for them. Jm racing builds fast cr125,s, reliable too.
[/quote]

The British Masters is the biggest race series here in the UK (biggest as in the amount of riders).

It has an 85 class, Youth class (125/250F) then 4 amateur classes (MX1, MX2, Kawasaki Masters and Michelin Masters) The Kawasaki and Michelin classes are 20 MX1 and 20 MX2 bikes and scored seapartely by machine size, offering all sorts of prizes.

Then they have 2 Pro classes (MX1 & MX2). All ran over a weekend. you can find out more at www.britishmastersmx.com and get an idea of how it is ran over here in the UK.

My CR is a 2006 and is standard apart from a full HGS system and I find it perfect for me. I would rather spend money on having tyres more regularly and my suspension done than having my bike tuned to have power which I am never going to use (and I am just not fast enough to have more power than I already have!!  ;) It is currently just having a facelift so as soon as I have finished it I will post a few pics up. Get some pics up of yours dude.

Offline YZ250ACE

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2011, 08:44:27 PM »
2001 Yamaha YZ 125 and a 2003 Yamaha YZ 250 at Raceway park practice facility in NJ, occasional motocross races at Walden and Claverack NY, and a few district 6 hare scarmbles races. my days of serious racing are far behind me. now I just ride for the shits and giggles.

Offline MCGRIDDLE_321

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2011, 12:31:55 PM »
250 and 450A in AMA district 27. 07 ktm 250 and crf450... if it was up to me i would only ride the 2stroke but dad makes me ride the 4nasty..

Offline Dirt Addict

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 06:28:03 PM »
i'm racing vet / intermediate motocross on a 09 ktm 150sx. it's a run what you brung class so i'm against 450's. i dont get the best starts but i have fun working my way through the traffic.
i have a 03/06 ktm 200sx for offroad and mx practice.  both bikes are awesome.

Offline YZ250ACE

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2011, 07:03:40 PM »
i'm racing vet / intermediate motocross on a 09 ktm 150sx. it's a run what you brung class so i'm against 450's. i dont get the best starts but i have fun working my way through the traffic.
i have a 03/06 ktm 200sx for offroad and mx practice.  both bikes are awesome.

Nice stable of smokers there guy, love those bikes ! :o ;D

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2011, 09:06:05 PM »
Yeah OD11,  HGS makes awesome pipes. I had one on a 01rm125  it had lowend with a super wide mid range with more overrev, quite a bit better than a pc pipe. The pc pipe  makes the bike quicker, but the power band is shorter and  weaker than a  HGS pipe. I bought my 06 cr125 last summer from a vet beginner, 10 easy hours on it, original tires,piston,etc. All stock it,s quicker and quite a bit faster than a stock 04 cr125. I thought the 06 cr125 had reed flutter, so I pickedup a rad valve, since the vforce on my 04 didn,t make a big difference. I took the reeds out and polished the inside smooth on the rad valve,put a icat on since it worked great on my 04, and a pc silencer  regular length. It comes off corners a gear higher, lifting the front tire on the exit of corners, big difference low to mid, upper mid to top over rev slight improvement. The bike runs  better overall. I  changed the fork springs, since it was apart I polished the center damping rod and put a stiffer shock spring on too. I weigh 170-175 in my b.suit, so I needed stiffer springs, the  suspension works great very plush, I,m adding oil to the forks to deal with bottoming  on big jumps.

Offline od111

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2011, 12:01:16 AM »
Did the iCat make a big difference??....I saw one of fleabay the other day and was very tempted to buy it just to see what it does??

Yeah, I'm really impressed by the HGS, but my boss has a Doma on his and man, what a work of art. All handmade to order......awesome.

If you were thinking of getting a VForce, I would seriously think of the Boyesen first. Makes a hell of a difference in a CR125.

Offline evo550

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2011, 01:20:32 AM »
The trusty old 250sx

and i've decided to man up :o

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2011, 09:23:06 AM »
CooL bikes EVO550, I think someone might like big hp bikes.hehe  Hey OD11  the icat  was a bigger improvement on the 04, but that bike needed hp and throttle response is no where near the 06,s. The icat on the 06, works pretty good, throttle response is quicker,and once into the mid range, it sounds like a  gp 125. You know the sound, that right there it,s the worth the money. I got the last icat in the USA, from Alaska, the icat is not made anymore, a smaller cheaper version is supposed to be coming out. I would  get the icat,better throttle response,uses less fuel, if jetting is a little off it will still run good. Ps  I run 110 leaded 50/50 with pump gas in the 06.

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2011, 10:38:45 AM »
I might be getting an 06 yz125 :) Only if things go right though...

Thats a nice 250sx! I've always loved KTM. Very snappy powerful bikes.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline socalcajun

• Expert
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2011, 12:07:07 PM »

Old faithful. Well once the rebuild is done.  :P

Disregard the 4 choke in the back ground. He's young and I'm still trying to beat some sense into him.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 12:10:05 PM by socalcajun »
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell Out of the Way

Offline od111

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2011, 02:01:22 PM »
CooL bikes EVO550, I think someone might like big hp bikes.hehe  Hey OD11  the icat  was a bigger improvement on the 04, but that bike needed hp and throttle response is no where near the 06,s. The icat on the 06, works pretty good, throttle response is quicker,and once into the mid range, it sounds like a  gp 125. You know the sound, that right there it,s the worth the money. I got the last icat in the USA, from Alaska, the icat is not made anymore, a smaller cheaper version is supposed to be coming out. I would  get the icat,better throttle response,uses less fuel, if jetting is a little off it will still run good. Ps  I run 110 leaded 50/50 with pump gas in the 06.

I'm going to keep an eye out for an iCat and see if I can pinch one for cheap money. I want that sound!!! hahaha!!!

I use Shell Optimax fuel (98 Octane) along with Maxima K2 and Maxima Hi Test Octane booster which takes it up to 101 Octane and it runs sweet as a nut. Along with an NGK iridium plug, I find its awesome!!

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2011, 11:03:42 AM »
I just found out my days off are wed. thursday,  :(  after a few months I,ll try for friday,sat. , oh well at least I can ride yet. I,m thinking  of putting my 06 engine in my 04 frame, I wonder if that can be done?  The 04 cr125 has  factory connection suspension, the shocks are different lengths, so I can,t put the 04,s shock on the 06. I would like to save the 151 engine in the 04, it,s a race only engine. I thought about getting another 04 cr125, then put the 151 engine in it and sell it. Then just port the 04 cr125, since I like the feel of a 125 ported engine better, oh decissions. The extra weight of the 2mm ovr borred gp wiseco piston, gives the bike a different feel, cornering is faster on a regular 125.