Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: sign of the times?  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Two Stroke Todd

• Junior
    • View Profile
sign of the times?
« on: March 31, 2010, 08:01:26 AM »
while chechin out the District 6 classifieds for a newer steed all i could find two stroke related was wanted 250 2stroke. none for sale. Example A = 2006 KX250F FMF Powerbomb with 4.1, vpe suspension, New Topend with about 10 hrs, Renthal Fatbars, Protaper Top Triple Clamp, and msr chain guide.
extras: Renthal bars, stock triple clamp, and 2 extra airfilters.
Will trade for Nice 2004 or newer 250 2 stroke.

As has been mentioned B4 2010 will be the year of the return of the 2stroke! Braaappp!

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: sign of the times?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 11:39:53 AM »
hahaahha awesome!!! Good find! I love it!
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline SubTexel

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 12:08:11 PM »
while chechin out the District 6 classifieds for a newer steed all i could find two stroke related was wanted 250 2stroke. none for sale. Example A = 2006 KX250F FMF Powerbomb with 4.1, vpe suspension, New Topend with about 10 hrs, Renthal Fatbars, Protaper Top Triple Clamp, and msr chain guide.
extras: Renthal bars, stock triple clamp, and 2 extra airfilters.
Will trade for Nice 2004 or newer 250 2 stroke.

As has been mentioned B4 2010 will be the year of the return of the 2stroke! Braaappp!

It's happening a lot here too. Every once in a while I'll run into someone on a 2 smoke wanting to go to a 4 stroke based on false assumptions (more power, etc...). I got rid of my RMZ450 and haven't looked back once, I don't miss the 4 stroke one bit.

Lucky for me I still race on a track that doesn't cater to the 4 stroke (Glen Helen) so I have had zero problems against the 450s (in fact, I'm usually blasting past them on Mt. Saint Helens, and clearing the uphill and downhill triples / doubles while they struggle). The only place I've run into issues keeping up with the 450s is on tracks designed for the 4 strokes (Supercross track @ Glen Helen, Perris raceway, starwest, etc...).

I really hope I start to see more 2 strokes out there, I'm tired of the super loud 4 strokes (my Wife's 150R was unbearably loud stock... Since replaced with an 09 KX100), in fact in areas I've ridden for years we had zero complaints on the 2 strokes, but when the 4 strokes came in the complaints started rolling in and calls to the police to chase people out of these riding areas normally tolerated by the locals until the loud 4 strokes came in.

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 03:55:57 PM »
Yeah completely agree. Recently have been getting support from guys in the pits cos I am on a two stroke. Only a couple of years ago, people looked at you like you had some sort of disability just cos you were riding a two stroke. The tide is definitely turning. Now that you can ride 250 2 strokes at the nationals in the lites class here in Australia, it should do wonders for the acceptability of the 2 strokes. Hopefully the rule filters down to the amateur level, which I believe would really put two strokes back on the map, and give the average guy a choice knowing that they can be competitive, no matter what they choose to ride.
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!