Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 2 stroke trying to make the big show!  (Read 3594 times)

Offline jwaseman

• Novice
    • View Profile
2 stroke trying to make the big show!
« on: February 02, 2010, 09:14:12 AM »
Hi,

I'm a new guy here.  I love 2 strokes.  So here is something I like to contribute
for my first post.  Some of you might have seen this.
Here is the link.  http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=859491

jwaseman

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: 2 stroke trying to make the big show!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 11:46:27 AM »
Thats Me!!!!!!!!

Entry done for Indy, know just have to get in as much riding as I can next 2 weeks, all I have is some shithole indoor tracks, but seat time!

Offline Cable Stretcher

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 11:51:57 AM »
Good to hear.  Hows the bike did you get the top end rebuilt?  Is it still stock?  Have you got a chance to do another AX? 

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 01:20:24 PM »
Doing a top end next week, and should have some graphics then.

I will have a top triple clamp now with my twinwalls.

Other than that she is stock, well suspension is revalved, I have a one tooth bigger rear sprocket too, and will have new tires, lol!

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 01:21:27 PM »
No more racing, saving money, just riding when I can which has only been about every other weekend, but I plan to ride 3-4 times in next 2 weeks before Indy, just cost so much for me to go ride indoors it sucks.

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 08:53:28 AM »
Unfortunately mike, you going in with a bone stock 250 2 stroke and being out of racing for a long time, doesn't help your situation much.  You need that bike tuned and ported.  I know from experience on a RM250, that indoors that bike will run very bad. The Dallas Supercross I bogged going up a huge jump and crashed big. You need to rejet it big time when you get there.  You will go leaner.  If you want, send me your cylinder and I'll port it.  I don't raise and lower ports, so the gain will be just flow only.  If you want it done right, Eric Gorr, Jackson Performance, places like that will do the needed stuff. But just for a little better power, send it my way and just pay for the shipping back.  

And the last thing, have you been approved to race yet?  ProAMA doesn't let just anyone race supercrosses.  You have to have approval now, or have raced arena cross. 
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 06:19:49 AM »
I already have license I have had one since 2002, didnt have one for a few years but they still gave me one, and I already sent in entry for Indy and will be accepted since they dont get anywhere near 80 riders anymore.

I have already raced and ridden the bike indoors and it runs perfect, still has the stock piston in it, I will be doing a top end before Indy, but thats it, its too close to it and I dont want to mess with it now sicne I cant go riding much only indoor tracks that are still 2-3 hrs away from me, but I would love to have some port work done too it, just havent had the money since having our baby etc. and it is running good stock, my dad has owned his own MC shop for 15 years, and has been a MC mechanic his whole life so I have the jetting dialed in on it now, It might be a little warmer in the stadium thats the only thing different but the AX I did that arena was really warm inside and it was fine.

I might get with you after Indy though and take you up on your offer, I am going to race St. Louis too so I would like to do some more stuff too it before then which is end of april, and I will be able to ride outdoors by then on our SX track so that will help alot, I just dont have time now to mess with sending stuff out and I wont have the time or access to ride it much between now and then, only 2 weeks away.

Thanks for the input, and I will have different jets with me too in case I do need to change something but as it sits now its good.

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 08:03:17 AM »
Right on then. Keep on keepin on.   8)   Good luck and hit those corners hard.  ;D
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 08:57:12 AM »
Thanks, yeah I dont know what it is but this RM is one of the or the cleanest running one I have ever had, I have owned a 1996, 98, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06 and this is a brand new 2005 I found that a guy bought new and rode 2 times.

I have only had it for 2 months, ridden it about 6 times, and no problems yet, my last RM I had to mees with the jetting way more often with temp changes, it was a pain in the rear, but this one is running spot on, I dont know if because it is bone stock and basically new or what?

But thank for the help and input Miedos, and I will let you know if I want to take you up on your cylinder port/cleanup offer ;D.

Also arent you the one that know brandon Hass is he going to be racing some SX or not?

I remember on another forum you said he might be?

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 11:50:29 AM »
He's like you, and needs money.  I'd give it too him, but I'm short now and next year will be even worse with the new series.
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 12:18:22 PM »
Yeah it took all I could to do a few Sx races, and I am just doing it purely for fun, I wont make main, I am way overweight and dont get to ride much in the winter here obviously, guess I should have listened when I was told babies / kids cost some money, lol, but I wouldnt trade him for anything its awesome being a dad.

I saw the new series you are getting together sounds awesome, I will be keeping up on it, hopefully I can race a few of them depending on the locations.