Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: oops.  (Read 10561 times)

Offline lauterbacher

• View Profile
oops.
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2013, 03:21:03 PM »
If there is a vintage motocross movement in your state, They should have a board on the internet were they congregate. That is were you will find the guys in your local who can help and be trusted. It's the old farts who have been down the road, Some things in life never change.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
oops.
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2013, 06:06:36 PM »
Just ask around at a local track or riding club. Odds are someone does engine work or knows of someone who will do it.

Offline evo550

• Expert
    • View Profile
oops.
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2013, 11:17:22 PM »
Like I said not trying to be rude just making a point. It bothers me when I ask a question and get an answer unrelated to what I asked lol. My gf does that lol. Anyways here is a few pictures for reference to me on the kx

I'm not the fastest guy around for sure but I do know how to handle a dirtbike a little lol.

Not trying to be rude....but being a good rider, doesn't make you a good mechanic and vice versa...but to answer your original question 100hrs on a crank is too long for a fast guy, but you already knew that right ;)

Offline racer142

• View Profile
oops.
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2013, 01:46:46 AM »
Honestly I knew it was to long for a piston but not entirely sure for the crank. And I know being a fast guy doesn't make me a good mechanic but it does generally mean I know the basics of bike set up which was for some reason the response I got when I asked about motor mods. If I had a suspension question I would have asked it. The riding comment was simply saying I'm not new to mx in any way. Just still consider myself new to two strokes as I've only been riding one for a year and a half. I did start reading on a125 but that was years ago and I want doing very much of my own mechanic work back then.

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
oops.
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2013, 04:27:05 AM »
As far as motor mods go, what are you looking to get? More bottom grunt, a screaming top end? You can do these by getting the right pipes, jetting for said pipes, installing better reeds like a rad valve or Vforce, porting, cylinder head work, and even an over size kit if you really want more power everywhere. The possibilities are pretty open for what you want to do and how much money you would like to spend. As far as finding someone to do the porting and re-plate (I think you mentioned porting but I'm to lazy to read through it again), I am impressed with millennium tech for re-plating, and I do believe that they can port as well, however don't quote me there as I'm not 100% sure.

Offline racer142

• View Profile
oops.
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2013, 05:17:43 AM »
Have v force reeds and a pro circuit pipe with shorty silencer. But that is the only mods. Looking for more mid to top. Even with the 14 tooth front sprocket it still has decent low end. But I'm definitely more of a mid range rider. From probably half to three quarters throttle range.

Offline evo550

• Expert
    • View Profile
oops.
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2013, 06:58:44 AM »
Scalvini pipes have a reputation of good top end gains without any loss to bottom and mid. Not sure if they do one for a kx though.
Check out ktm 250 dyno report. (red is scalvini)
http://www.scalvinipipes.com/ScalviniDyno-KTM2502t.html

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
oops.
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2013, 07:21:57 AM »
Scalvini pipes have a reputation of good top end gains without any loss to bottom and mid. Not sure if they do one for a kx though.

Thats impressive gains. On paper anyway. I've been hunting for something that would pull further into the top end without loosing the torquey, hooked up bottom end that I love. Now that I've found it, the price frightens me  :-X

Offline evo550

• Expert
    • View Profile
oops.
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2013, 08:17:22 AM »

Thats impressive gains. On paper anyway. I've been hunting for something that would pull further into the top end without loosing the torquey, hooked up bottom end that I love. Now that I've found it, the price frightens me  :-X

Oh Yeah!!  $$$$, but you would seriously have the toughest looking pipe on the start line.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
oops.
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2013, 10:08:54 PM »

Oh Yeah!!  $$$$, but you would seriously have the toughest looking pipe on the start line.

Sure would :D I gotta say it feels pretty awesome to leave hopped up 250Fs for dead on a bone stock bike :D The funny thing is, at the start, they shoot off the pad (yeah concrete  >:-D) While all the 250 riders get more wheelspin than bite. As soon as we hit the soft, loamy dirt though, its like we got flung out of a slingshot. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPP straight back with them. If it wasn't such a short start (it would be lucky to be 80 metres), they'd get eaten up in that lovely dirt.

Offline Camstyn

• View Profile
oops.
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2013, 10:25:09 AM »
Longer silencer will usually give better mid-top, same with Boyesen Rad Valve.