Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: soubeyras in sx munchen practise times  (Read 4912 times)

Offline wintrader

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: soubeyras in sx munchen practise times
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 03:00:33 PM »
Who is so stupid to ride a bike with öld"technology. No linkage suspension , no thanks. Carbs no we need injection.  ;D

This is money!!! But see what happens now. Due to crisis and the people who actually buy the bikes everybody switches to 2 strokes. We want simplicity and cheap tpo maintain bikes. 

This is not what the factories expected!!! Rhey want to go the desmodromic valves yhe pneumatic valves all new technpology. Which is not faster but then they can make YOU believe they will be faster.

Again i state laptimes of 250f are NOT faster then 450 F. Not in GP or sx.  And if a 250 2 stroke is a not fair advantage over a 250f we can all calculate what this means.

The factory riders ride what the factory tells them to ride!!

But all will change soon because the public does not want 4 strokes anymore. Not in europe! So what to do? Problem for the factories.

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 03:20:09 PM »
Why is it then that motocrossaction tested the ktm 450 without injection and said it is the besdt engine of all 450's? Injected or not? Also read test where it said the kawa fuel injection is not better then the 250 f without injection. Say ok it is better is it so much better then 5 years ago? Ricky and Reed lapped the whole field. Would it be different if those other riders would be riding a 2011 four stroke bike?

What else are they going yo invent next year? Pneumatic valve systems? Or desmo systems? By the way desmo valve system can handle more revs so perhaps that is better.  

I only read that ktm 250 f has a good injection system what is better then the öld"carbs. Anyway a normal rider will not notice and he will not be faster.

Why has Ktm changed their 4 strokes to linkage? Because the public wanted it!!! Something new again. And look what happens everybody think it is better and there they go to the shop and buy the ktm with the linkage!!!! Is better!!! Factory riders also use it!!! Their 450 has factory riders have injection too!!! Next year maybe!!! then we all buy it!

Not because it will make us faster just because they tell us we will be faster. All about money.

Jetting a carb spot on is a work of art and a pain in the arse.. a friend at work bought the new ktm 350 and keep telling me that is a huge difference between his old bike kx250f and his new Pumpkin.. because of the fuel injection...the guy is a mechanic  and take care of his bikes like no tomorrow he put more than 55 hours on his last top end on his 250f.. I would like to skip mixing gas... and playing with the damn jets.. and yeah EFI is the fix for it..Almost no emissions,better gas millage, no extra weight.. less maintenance more playing! To match nowadays grunt from the 4 stroke the 2 stroke need more displacement. this is it.. Have you ever rode the latest 4 stroke..I can barely stay on the seat!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 03:23:12 PM by 2smoker »
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 06:59:23 PM »
The two stroke is an advantage.

The 4 Porkers just got porky-er with the addition of the heavy EFI units. Just another tech tangle for Transworld Mowercross to get the geeks all hyped up about, when in fact the bikes have suffered power wise. All EFI did was patch a hole in the 4 stroke's bedpan. They used to have that nasty, unpredictable bog sometimes...

Two strokes don't need EFI or DFI and they've never needed it, because they don't suffer from that unexpected bog. Any normally aspirated 2 stroke engine like the ones we've all got works perfectly all the way through the power band. It is then up the the rider to master the skill of fully exploiting that powerband. No bogs, no flame outs, no worries... And the 2 stroke throttle response is so good that it's what all the EFI 4 stroke jokeys are trying to imitate with their fake Atari 2600 EFI ignition map dial-a-powerbands. But computer controlled fakery isn't as good as the real thing. I wouldn't want to trade in the real powerband my 2 stroke already has for a computer controlled imitation of a real powerband like EFI/DFI can produce. I don't want an Avatar... I want a motocross bike! Those geek-o-tron programmable fake power curves are just bad imitations of what your everyday average YZ250 does naturally.

Besides, those DFI 2 strokes sound like a Vibrator through a Peavey. Or maybe a malfunctioning electric tooth brush through a Peavey.

Thanks,

Jim  

« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 07:10:40 PM by Suzuki TS250/185 »
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline GlennC

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 07:52:09 PM »
^ I could not agree more.

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2010, 01:58:00 PM »

The 4 Porkers just got porky-er with the addition of the heavy EFI units. Just another tech tangle for Transworld Mowercross to get the geeks all hyped up about, when in fact the bikes have suffered power wise. All EFI did was patch a hole in the 4 stroke's bedpan. They used to have that nasty, unpredictable bog sometimes...

Two strokes don't need EFI or DFI and they've never needed it, because they don't suffer from that unexpected bog. Any normally aspirated 2 stroke engine like the ones we've all got works perfectly all the way through the power band. It is then up the the rider to master the skill of fully exploiting that powerband. No bogs, no flame outs, no worries... And the 2 stroke throttle response is so good that it's what all the EFI 4 stroke jokeys are trying to imitate with their fake Atari 2600 EFI ignition map dial-a-powerbands. But computer controlled fakery isn't as good as the real thing. I wouldn't want to trade in the real powerband my 2 stroke already has for a computer controlled imitation of a real powerband like EFI/DFI can produce. I don't want an Avatar... I want a motocross bike! Those geek-o-tron programmable fake power curves are just bad imitations of what your everyday average YZ250 does naturally.

Besides, those DFI 2 strokes sound like a Vibrator through a Peavey. Or maybe a malfunctioning electric tooth brush through a Peavey.

Thanks,

Jim  

WORD

Offline Micahdogg

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2010, 02:27:28 PM »
Power is power and I don't think a four stroke is a disadvantage at all when they make more of it.  The only downsides I see is having a pig of a bike that takes more effort to "flick" around the track and potentially being stranded as you kick your leg to death.  I think the bigger reason people turn back to the two stroke is because the explosive power band is just more fun IMO.

It's like the difference between driving a new Acura TL everyday to work and then getting behind the wheel of a Fox body mustang with 4.10 gears and manual tranny.  Sure, the Acura is probably the "faster" car and puts the power down more effectively, but getting a bunch of rubber while grabbing 3rd gear is just more FUN.  No way around it, the two strokes are just a more fun bike to ride and people are starting to realize it.
2011 KTM 250SX, 1986 ATC250R

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2010, 04:50:55 PM »

Thanks,

Jim  

Disagree with this.. 2 stroke need to be EFI to meet the hard-core emissions control(cali is getting retarded..) Fuel Injection is fine with a 2 stroke. The Ski-doo MXZ never been better.. open your minds guys...yes it is a computer? so what? better gas mileage, less emissions than a standard 4 stroke and  deliver better power without loosing  the hit..longer top-end longevity because the mix is always perfect... I want something new and fresh not just a 1996 YZ 125 with new plastics..

Oh yeah! see you never owned or rode anything EFI or DFI two stroke I bet? haahah  They sound crisp and pretty loud with an aftermarket exhaust.. Here is a DFI ski-doo.. Never raced arenacross? God that premix fog is annoying..

XRS 800 Road Gap

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 05:51:42 PM by 2smoker »
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.